• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
rovert

Help / Advice Needed With Omega Seamaster Quartz

Hi, Today I got back for repair today a small Omega Seamaster Quartz which I had given as a present in the late eighties. The caseback is marked with the number 1430 & the movement has the number 1430 on the metal bridge , 6 jewels. The IC has the number M701 8149. I removed the old battery , doesn't appear to have leaked & no corrosion evident on the terminals or elsewhere. I installed a new battery but it won't work. The only sign of life is the second hand is pulsing a little every second but won't move. I have very little experience with quartz movements as my tinkering apprenticeship has been limited to manual & auto mechanicals. This watch has been sitting in a drawer for over 10 years......................................... Any help advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers, Trevor.

will be dirt in the train normally, if you are VERY careful use a probe or oiler and rotate a wheel on the train, thus removing the dirt, personally i would service it or at least the rain, are hardly any components and data sheets are easily found