• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Paul66

7A38 New Arrival

This arrived a couple of days ago and after fitting a new glass is ready to go away with my other 7A38's. Paul (SEIKO7A38Fan) has already seen the pictures and knew right away what model 7A38 it was, he has his own! I've not seen this one before and didn't have a clue what it was!!umnik2.gif

Anyone seen one or know which model number it is?

7A38.jpg?t=1286903597

7A38-2.jpg?1286906145

Not the best pictures as the light wasn't that great, I'll try and get a few more done when I can.

This arrived a couple of days ago and after fitting a new glass ....

So you found the correct Seiko p/n 275W30HK01 domed crystal then ? :wink:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

This arrived a couple of days ago and after fitting a new glass ....

So you found the correct Seiko p/n 275W30HK01 domed crystal then ? wink.gif

Yes Paul, from the usual supplier! wink.gif Before I located the fitted replacement I emailed Seiko and have them on the case as I told them I'd exhausted every avenue in the UK!!

I've had an email back from them aswell, they are looking into it for me!! LOL

Nein ! nono.gif Das ist dieser armbanduhr ! partytime.gif

Seiko1988GermanBrochure.jpg

Very nice! Where do you get all this stuff from holmes! Goes without saying that this is on your watch list! wink.gif

sir_arthur_conan_doyle_birthday_2006.gif

Hint: If you do correctly 'google' it's 7A38-xxxx model number - you'll only find 2 references to it - and no photos. :wink:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

Hint: If you do correctly 'google' it's 7A38-xxxx model number - you'll only find 2 references to it - and no photos. wink.gif

For all those that looked and didn't know!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me being the same until this came my way.wink.gif

back002resize.jpg?t=1286983845

back004resize.jpg?t=1286983892

back003resize.jpg?t=1286983931

As SEIKOFan pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any pictures of this variant anywhere on the web! Makes you wonder how many other 7A38's are out there that the 7A38 novices like myself haven't seen! Probably quite a few!

As SEIKOFan pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any pictures of this variant anywhere on the web!

We'll have to see what we can do about that then, eh Paul ? :lookaround:

Makes you wonder how many other 7A38's are out there that the 7A38 novices like myself haven't seen! Probably quite a few!

Getting to the point where there can't be that many more, I suspect, Paul. :grin:

Now, as I was saying ....

Hint: If you do correctly 'google' it's 7A38-xxxx model number - you'll only find 2 references to it - and no photos. :wink:

Going back to early August 2009, I was still searching the web, for any references to 'unknown' 7A38's. :read:

I came across these two posts (one was posted on WUS, as well as being duplicated on the old SCWF):

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/message/1118652841/seiko+7a38

Seiko 7A38 - posted June 13 2005 at 1:54 AM by Hermann-Josef

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a bracelet for a Seiko 7A38-6090. Can anyone help me please?

Although searching the internet for many times, I coudn't find anything about this watch.

I bought in the 1980's. The watch has a brown metal bracelet.

Thanks!

Hope my English isn't too bad!!

and in a very similar vein: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-7a38-6090-info-31991.html

Seiko 7A38-6090 info? - posted October 12th 2006 by 'Jankro'.

I have the above watch, serial: 7D6643

On dial : 7A38 6080T

I have searched for a long time for more info on this, but it seems to be rare, since there is almost no reference to it anywhere.

I purchased this from a store in NYC, if I remember correctly, in 1988. It is in good shape and keeps perfect time.

In addition to info, I need some links for the bracelet and maybe a replacement lens.

The bracelet is two tone (silver and dark gray) just like the main case of this watch.

The dial is dark gray with gold hands. The buttons and crown are also gold.

The bracelet has number S1002-T on it.

Appreciate all info.

Jan

Finland

Never having seen a 7A38-6090, I tracked down and emailed both Hermann-Josef and Jan ....

Asking them both if they'd be kind enough to take a photo :photo: of their watches for me. :notworthy:

Hermann-Josef replied with this super photo of his:

7A38-6090-Hermann-Josef-Resized.jpg

Jan sent me 3 photos of his 7A38-6090, but the two front views were rather dark ....

However, his third photo of the case-back showed some details of bracelet and clasp:

7A38-6090-CaseBack-JanK.jpg

These stainless / gunmetal versions of the 7A38-6090 appear to be relatively common ....

More recently, I found this wrist shot of one posted on Uhrforum.de by 'Homan':

7A38-6090-StainlessDarkGrey-BlackFace-Homan-UhrForumde.jpg

Indeed, I picked one up myself, very cheaply (for $22, IIRC) on eBay in the States, as far back as October 2009:

7A38-6090-StainlessDarkGrey-BlackFace-SpeidelBracelet-eBay-Oct2009-1.jpg

It was a bit of a 'beater', needed a new crystal (the original was almost opaque with scratches), and some 'TLC' :hammer:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

It was a bit of a 'beater', needed a new crystal (the original was almost opaque with scratches), and some 'TLC' :hammer:

But despite my efforts, including sourcing an almost identical bracelet off one of those SQ100 models ....

I hate to admit this Paul, but your Stainless / Gunmetal 7A38-6090 is still better than my own example. :blush:

So I won't bore you (nor anyone else) by posting photos of it. :schmoll:

But, as the saying goes .... if you can't beat 'em - OUT-BLING them. :tongue2:

How about a two-tone Stainless / Gold-plated 7A38-6090, instead ? :huh:

Take one beater 7A38-6090 fitted with the wrong bracelet, with an almost working movement (dead 30 minute coil):

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-WrongBracelet-eBay-March2011-1.jpg

Keep looking on eBay, and two weeks later find another, cosmetically much nicer two-tone example ....

complete with original S1002C bracelet, minimal plating wear and dead movement (gear train problems):

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-eBayGermany-March2011-1.jpg

Mix the best parts from the two 7A38 movements, stir until reliable ....

give the watch case and bracelet a good clean and fit a new crystal ....

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

But, as the saying goes .... if you can't beat 'em - OUT-BLING them. :tongue2:

How about a two-tone Stainless / Gold-plated 7A38-6090, instead ? :huh:

7A38-6090-P1040606-Resized.jpg

7A38-6090-P1040607-Resized.jpg

7A38-6090-P1040608-Resized.jpg

7A38-6090-P1040609-Resized.jpg

7A38-6090-P1040610-Resized.jpg

But, as the saying goes .... if you can't beat 'em - OUT-BLING them. tongue2.gif

How about a two-tone Stainless / Gold-plated 7A38-6090, instead ? huh.gif

7A38-6090-P1040607-Resized.jpg

WOW!!!!!!! That is blingy Paul..............1st one I've seen and very nice as well thumbsup.gif

Just like London buses........ you wait and wait for one to come along and then two turn up at the same time!!!!!!wink.gif

Just like London buses........ you wait and wait for one to come along and then two turn up at the same time!!!!!!wink.gif

A bit more like London black cab taxis, we didn't have to wait too long for the next one to come along, eh Paul ? :wink2:

This one popped up on eBay UK last week: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390323439531&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_950 - the auction only just ended.

Seiko SQ 100 Chronograph Vintage Watch

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-eBay-June2011-1.jpg

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-eBay-June2011-2.jpg

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-eBay-June2011-3.jpg

1987 Vintage Seiko SQ 100 Chronograph Mens wristwatch.

This watch is from my own collection and was purchased by me in 1987.

Battery powered quartz movement. It has a stop watch and can measure tenth of a second.

It is in very good condition and is in full working order. Sapphire Crystal Glass is in good condition.

I do not have the booklet or docs for it.

It is battery powered model, day date with second hand, minute and tenth second hands.

A beautiful Seiko watch which I believe is quite rare as I have never seen one for sale.

It is 37mm across the face.

It has a yellow base metal look with a yellow base metal strap which will fit a wrist of approx 19cm.

I wonder who got that one ? :lookaround: Looked like a sniper to me. :hunter: Not me. :no: :whistle:

A bit more like London black cab taxis, we didn't have to wait too long for the next one to come along, eh Paul ? :wink2:

This one popped up on eBay UK last week: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390323439531&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_950 - the auction only just ended.

Seiko SQ 100 Chronograph Vintage Watch

AHHH SAEIKO SQ100 got that one into my search now!

( As he says leaving quietly )

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-eBay-June2011-1.jpg

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-eBay-June2011-2.jpg

7A38-6090-StainlessGold-WhiteFace-eBay-June2011-3.jpg

1987 Vintage Seiko SQ 100 Chronograph Mens wristwatch.

This watch is from my own collection and was purchased by me in 1987.

Battery powered quartz movement. It has a stop watch and can measure tenth of a second.

It is in very good condition and is in full working order. Sapphire Crystal Glass is in good condition.

I do not have the booklet or docs for it.

It is battery powered model, day date with second hand, minute and tenth second hands.

A beautiful Seiko watch which I believe is quite rare as I have never seen one for sale.

It is 37mm across the face.

It has a yellow base metal look with a yellow base metal strap which will fit a wrist of approx 19cm.

I wonder who got that one ? :lookaround: Looked like a sniper to me. :hunter: Not me. :no: :whistle:

AHHH SEIKO SQ100 got that one into my search now!

( As he says leaving quietly )

You and about 300 other 7A38 collectors, I suspect, Robert. :whistle:

By the way, you appear to be still having slight problems with this reply / quote thing. :rofl2:

I wonder who got that one ? lookaround.gif Looked like a sniper to me. hunter.gif Not me. no.gifwhistling.gif

I wonder? Must have been a sharp eyed collector who spends many an hour searching for treasure (7A38's) on de bay ! wink.gifwhistling.gif

I wonder? :whistle:

Not arrived yet, Paul ? :sadwalk:

Negative!

Edited by Paul66