• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
dickstar1977

A Grail Has Arrived: Warning Seriously Sexy Omega Content

HI all

You might have seen I have had quite a few bits for sale recently, I had an opportunity to acquire something VERY VERY special, so without further ado her she is:

DSCF2607.jpg

DSCF2608.jpg

MMMMHHHHHHH

DSCF2609.jpg

DSCF2610.jpg

DSCF2611.jpg

DSCF2612.jpg

Thats right chaps, a 1969 (movement dates to 1968) Omega Bullhead chronograph! At the time the cheapest chrono in Omegas range and didn't sell well at all, hence the rareness and subsequent value now! I have to say it is the prettiest and most distinctive Omega I have ever owned, I am chuffed to bits with it!

The watch runs Cal 930, only used in this and a very pretty twin reg De-Ville chrono, as you can see twin reg with date but it just works so well! the top crown is the winding crown and the bottom rotates the inner bezel (much like a flight master), the case is angled up so it sits higher at the top than the bottom!

It's a long story but the watch was bought in a not great way, then as if it was fate the opportunity to buy a NOS case set (I know!!!!) and then a NOS dial and hands (again I know!!!) fell in to my lap, so, without further ado away it went to Omega (UK) Just got it back from a full service and overhaul at STS and the above is the result!

Hope you like

Cheers Tom

Really nice Tom! This is one of the few Omegas ive not yet laid my fingers on... I'll be all over it when I next see you m8! :D

This just isn't fair.

Been on holiday, gone cold turkey since returning, not looked, not been tempted, then this appears and I'm back drooling over my keyboard...again :)

Looks amazing, congrats!

Thanks chaps, yeah I am really pleased with it! It is a bit of a 'marmite' watch but I love it, so nice to wear and a joy to behold!

Jon, I am sure we can arrange for you to have some 'wrist time' with it mate

Cheers Tom

Wonderful condidtion,it looks like it was made 5 mins ago!

Omega have done a wonderful job on the service,i'm sure it looks very good before you sent it away,lovely box,and the watch is amazing,i personally haven't seen this model before,i love the positions of the crown and pushers,that's got to be its original strap to!

Truly a show piece!

Sam :cheers:

Some pretty funky designs came out of that whole late 60's and 70's era. Some instant classics, some pretty forgettable, but all interesting. Seems like a time when they were really pushing new design ideas. A great piece for the collection, doubt you'll ever see another in such condition :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps, yeah I am really pleased with it! It is a bit of a 'marmite' watch but I love it, so nice to wear and a joy to behold!

Jon, I am sure we can arrange for you to have some 'wrist time' with it mate

Cheers Tom

Haha! Cool, I love Marmite watches! I did a preso recently to a Sydney watch group on why I wrote the PloProf book and I discussed the fact the PloProf is the ultimate Marmite watch and how that is one of the things I very much enjoy about it. im sure the right kind of Marmite is also in the DNA of the Bullhead... yum!

hee hee, oh yesss! :D

Thanks chaps

Wrist shot as promised, shes not small by any means but then I do have skinny girl wrsits :D

Dial goes well with my newly aquired mahogany tan though 8)

DSCF2620.jpg

Cheers Tom

Seriously 60's cool........maybe Marmite but I reckon it'd grace the wrist of a shagatastic secret agent..... :notworthy:

Guest Om_nom_nom_Watches!

Yours is in better condition than the one on ebay for 9000 dollars.

There, I bet that made you smile. :)

Wow a beauty that would be nice to see in the flesh so to speak. Cool sixties classic never seen one before.

Wear it with alot of pride.

Simon

Where's that 'Pass the Kleenex' smiley??? :wub:

Why? Did Rolexgirl start another thread? :whistle: :rofl2: