• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I'm sure you all know that Sir Elton John is my favourite musician and I have had the pleasure of going to see him in concert various times.  Ever since 2004, I've loved him, odd I know as I was about 15.  It was hearing "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" (not the George Michael duet) that did it for me. :taz:   I've got three autographs as I've managed to get to the very front of the stage on several occasions.  One of my best moments ever though has to be giving him flowers.  I thought I would share some of my pictures of Sir Elton, and hope that more of you post some of your own concert pictures! 

Thanks, Cassie :king:

KwVDttml.jpgkKh1qTGl.jpg2v7vIWMl.jpg556CgWAl.jpgocTt0YY.jpgHkyIfXHl.jpgNy8KQ4wl.jpgMwiM1Lll.jpglgsylnRl.jpg

The one on the left is me (with the flowers), that's all you're getting!  :thumbsup:

1U5uSXHl.jpgOt53OHXl.jpg

• Like 4

Good pictures, I didn't realise you were that young (girl giving flowers?)

Great Pic 1 with him at the piano :yes:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JoT said:

Good pictures, I didn't realise you were that young (girl giving flowers?)

Great Pic 1 with him at the piano :yes:

I was 22 in that picture, but now 29, 30 in June!  I still get asked for ID for a Lottery ticket sometimes!  I first saw him at Kilmarnock Football Club grounds, first ever gig to be held at the football park!  Also, my first "proper" concert too!  People find it strange why I like all the oldies such as: programmes, music and ageing actors!  :tongue::king:

Edited by The Mystery Bidder
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

I was 22 in that picture, but now 29, 30 in June!  I still get asked for ID for a Lottery ticket sometimes!  I first saw him at Kilmarnock Football Club grounds, first ever gig to be held at the football park!  Also, my first "proper" concert too!  People find it strange why I like all the oldies such as: programmes, music and ageing actors!  :tongue::king:

Ah, it didn't occur to me it was several years ago :blush:

Ozzy and Tony Iomi - Black Sabbath reunion concert in a small Birmingham venue - May 2012

I didn't take many pics as I was so overcome by finally getting to see them :biggrin:

large.DSC00870s.jpg.6c14ed4696112d29d89ec1f5179f9899.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

You seem to put up with grumpy old blokes quite well, personally, I've never seen the attraction.:laugh:

However, as long as I can decipher the "instructions" that Rowena refuses to read, I think she'll find a use for me.:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roxy Music at the O2 in London February 2011 - only had my mobile phone with me and cameras then weren't what they are today. The previous time I saw them was in October 1974 on the Country Life tour :wheelchair: 

large.171105282_DSC01980s-Copy.jpg.b4a680037306598545a76892bf698b4b.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Stan said:

You seem to put up with grumpy old blokes quite well, personally, I've never seen the attraction.:laugh:

TWF is the perfect forum for anyone with a fetish for grumpy old men :inlove:

Sen quite a few groups live - The Who, Trogs, Moody Blues, Animals, Herman's Hermits, Dave Clark etc but they were at dance halls down in Thanet and no one bothered with cameras (no mobile phones back then). No security and you didn't need binoculars to see the groups. Seen a few at larger venues such as the Albert Hall but a concert at a football stadium where you watch them on large screens has never appealed.

Pet hate though is performers like Elton and Paul M who carry on after the voice has gone - like Paul M croaking his way through Hey Jude at the London Olympics - tribute band for The Who sounded good but then Roger D & co did a croak - between them they made the Spice Girls sound OK.

• Like 1

My thirty-something daughter has been my gig buddy for a long time. In the last couple of years we've seen The Rolling Stones, The Stone Roses, Queens of the Stone Age, Prodigy, Motley Crue's last tour, with Alice Cooper, and on a smaller scale, Reef and Dr Feelgood.

Coming up this year, Muse in June and The Who in July. Also excited about the support acts, Tom Morrello and Eddie Vedder respectively.

@JoT I was at that Black Sabbath reunion in 2012. Previously saw them at Earl's Court in 1970. Ozzie didn't age well.

• Like 2

my two excursions in recent years have been

1- caro emerald

some one else's picture

Image result for caro emerald sheffield city hall

me & wify before concert

Qk3H6QO.jpg

2- ELO last year

my crappy picture

uOfiV1u.jpg

it takes something special for me to get my hand in my pocket, and both above were :biggrin:

• Like 3

March 2014 The Cure at Albert Hall - one of the longer concerts I have been to at around two and a half hours, very impressive

large.DSC03666s.jpg.79edaaf510d0dd4ccc1957941dd42a40.jpg

• Like 3

Oh, pictures. I almost forgot.

stones composite_s

Ronnie Wood's son, in the orange tee-shirt, on guitar with Reef.

reef_s

Edited by spinynorman
  • Like 2

@spinynorman how could you forget the Stones?!!

Primal Scream March 2013 Royal Albert Hall, not a very good pic, only had my BlackBerry phone, great band though

large.884749719_PrimalS-Copy.jpg.3747c278dc0fd4b31da1ca0c794145d5.jpg

• Like 2

Great pictures from above, saw Bowie about 10 times but to memorized to take any pictures saw the boss at Sunderland  took a few pics of him, here is one going to see Alphaville up in Scotland in may hope to take some pics then have only seen Elton John once not really a fan not my cup of tea.

k8GYVksl.jpg

• Like 2

Never been to a concert :sorry: could of seen Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, and some others but pulled out due to funds. Shadows i also missed. But the one person i would have loved to see was Elvis. Only 16 when he died? . Due to cash and personal problems, missed a lot, most are either dead or disbanded. Modern music, bit lacking in appeal for me. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, stdape said:

Never been to a concert :sorry: could of seen Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, and some others but pulled out due to funds. Shadows i also missed. But the one person i would have loved to see was Elvis. Only 16 when he died? . Due to cash and personal problems, missed a lot, most are either dead or disbanded. Modern music, bit lacking in appeal for me. 

:sadwalk:

Alice Cooper is on at the O2 in London in October - still a few tickets left - just the right era! :yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoT said:

:sadwalk:

Alice Cooper is on at the O2 in London in October - still a few tickets left - just the right era! :yes:

Well worth seeing live, even now.

alice

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Well worth seeing live, even now.

alice

Already got tickets! We're not worthy!

Bruce Dickinson Iron Maiden from August 2011 - singing "Trooper"

large.1483046193_DSC03031s-Copy.jpg.b547080d4af0d2676d9bd4d9612e7a20.jpg

• Like 3