• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
ironbru1uk

Tudor Prince Oysterdate

Hi watch forum,

Hope someone can offer me some advice. I brought this Tudor Prince Oysterdate from an antique dealer fair. He said it was from his personal collection & had it 10 year's, he said it was from the late 60's or early 70's & did need a service as had not been worn for some time. Anyone know the reference of this model?

Fully wound only takes 12-15 turns as I can feel the clutch slipping & only lasts 7 hours. Is this cause for concern? I've looked for this dial configuration & can only find one which has lume pips/hands, mine doesn't!!

Also I don't think the bracelet is true to this particular watch & seems to be from a newer Tudor model?

I'm worried if the dial has been refinished & even more worried that the service will cost the earth? Being sent next few days for an estimate for a service.

Can anyone verify from the pictures in the link below that this looks genuine without looking through a loop of course?

http://snupp.it/HioVfs

Thanks, 

Giuseppe

2 hours ago, ironbru1uk said:

Hi watch forum,

Hope someone can offer me some advice. I brought this Tudor Prince Oysterdate from an antique dealer fair. He said it was from his personal collection & had it 10 year's, he said it was from the late 60's or early 70's & did need a service as had not been worn for some time. Anyone know the reference of this model?

Fully wound only takes 12-15 turns as I can feel the clutch slipping & only lasts 7 hours. Is this cause for concern? I've looked for this dial configuration & can only find one which has lume pips/hands, mine doesn't!!

Also I don't think the bracelet is true to this particular watch & seems to be from a newer Tudor model?

I'm worried if the dial has been refinished & even more worried that the service will cost the earth? Being sent next few days for an estimate for a service.

Can anyone verify from the pictures in the link below that this looks genuine without looking through a loop of course?

http://snupp.it/HioVfs

Thanks, 

Giuseppe

Looks ok to me , it is an automatic so doesn't really need hand winding in as much as , the mainspring is designed to slip in the barrel to prevent it from winding and winding but the fact yours is only running 7 hours suggests that the mainspring is slipping to easily , this should be rectified with a service hopefully , so it would certainly be worthwhile

Hope that helps a little 

@ironbru1uk looks OK to me from the photographs, give it a service and you have a very nice watch

If you are stuck as to who to send it to I can recommend @Simon2 who can be contacted on www.essexclockandwatchclinic.com