• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Watchurself

Steinhart ocean one 39

Anyone got one of these? Having got a 36mm watch for my small wrist I’m now looking for something a little bigger but not too big. I’m really liking the style of the Rolex submariner but don’t have a spare £5000 so I’ve been looking at the steinhart. Anyone recommend trying one? Thanks 

15 minutes ago, Watchurself said:

Anyone got one of these? Having got a 36mm watch for my small wrist I’m now looking for something a little bigger but not too big. I’m really liking the style of the Rolex submariner but don’t have a spare £5000 so I’ve been looking at the steinhart. Anyone recommend trying one? Thanks 

Yes, quite a few owners on the forum. I have three and am very happy with them. Some detractors because they are seen to be a "homage watch", but the quality is excellent for the price.

• Like 1

There is a lot of people with these, i have the black ocean one 39mm and its stunning, great watch for the money.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Steinhart are quality watches and you won't go far wrong. The 39mm case is a good size and the bracelets are a cut above others in the price range. Time keeping is on a par with some of the best as well. Here's a couple of photos of my 39mm Pepsi bezel and a 42mm cased Ocean one I had previously. 

large.IMAG1278.jpg.a5c143091672660547e290d5542d61bf.jpglarge.IMAG0480_1_zpsqtinjjyc.jpg.6b764922170fae3af6700c06f3a4a330.jpg

• Like 3

Have a couple myself. one being the Ocean One  39...

6aE79D5.gif

0ff9XDZ.jpg

As others have stated ^^^^^ the quality is excellent & the performance out of the box is exceptional, IMHO!

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

I own the OVM 39, which is the Mil sub style one. The Fit and finish is really good! 39mm is a good size too and the lugs are not overly short so it wears well. I think you'll be more than impressed with the quality/cost ratio. 

I owned a 42mm OVM in the past but boy did that wear big. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Watchurself said:

You could consider Tudor bb 58, not a Rolex but half the price of a sub and near on same build quality.

5 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

You could consider Tudor bb 58, not a Rolex but half the price of a sub and near on same build quality.

Where does the build quality fall short?

I have an ocean one 39mm and its a great Watch, I have no complaints.

The homage thing makes me laugh it really does, no one takes any notice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

The homage thing makes me laugh it really does, no one takes any notice.

It not always that angle though for why people don't want to wear design-copies... I could not care less who notices what about my watches, but personally I always am drawn to watches of bespoke design and crafting. A watch for me has to have mostly elements unique to its own Makers history. So for me that's why I don't wear design-copied watches , not because of quality ( proven here because Steinhart offer exceptional value for money ) , not because I fear ridicule ( because as you say no one takes any notice mostly anyway ) , but because I just want some originality ... or as much as I can get ... :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, richy176 said:

Where does the build quality fall short?

In all honesty, not really alot, I suppose you get the 904l steel whatever that is against stainless steel case/braclet etc. I own Tudor's & Rolex, apart from 3 year warranty difference, casing thickness is nicer on the Rolex that's really it for me. Tudor just seem to tick all the right boxes. Although I am not knocking Steinhart in anyway great watches for the money.

8 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

but because I just want some originality ... or as much as I can get

So you'll be in the look out for a vostok then ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

So you'll be in the look out for a vostok then ?

Once Putin hands back Crimea... :laugh:

48 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

It So for me that's why I don't wear design-copied watches , but because I just want some originality ... or as much as I can get ... :thumbsup:

Hmm :hmmm9uh:

Ok, give us a butcher's at your Abraham-Louis Perrelet, John Harrison, Thomas Mudge, John Arnold, Bahn Bonnikson, John Harwood, Omega Marine/JB Fifty Fathoms timepieces then ?

:whistle:

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Once Putin hands back Crimea... :laugh:

Don't let politics spoil your enjoyment of "originality" .

welcome-to-the-russian-game-its-embarras

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Don't let politics spoil your enjoyment of "originality" .

welcome-to-the-russian-game-its-embarras

There weren't many residents of old Blighty wandering around the market towns in 1939 showing off their latest timepieces from Nazi Germany.... :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Hmm :hmmm9uh:

Ok, give us a butcher's at your Abraham-Louis Perrelet, John Harrison, Thomas Mudge, John Arnold, Bahn Bonnikson, John Harwood, Omega Marine/JB Fifty Fathoms timepieces then ?

:whistle:

:biggrin:

Just give me a few days to sell the family silver and a couple of elderly relatives.... I am on it....:character0275:

1 minute ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

There weren't many residents of old Blighty wandering around the market towns in 1939 showing off their latest timepieces from Nazi Germany.... :laugh:

There are now.

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

A watch for me has to have mostly elements unique to its own Makers history. So for me that's why I don't wear design-copied watches

Are the gladiator hands homage watches in any way exempt because of the design input by the military to the original mil-sub?  I am with you on not wearing copies, from a different angle: as a designer I would resent cheapened copies.  I suppose it's morally ok once the rights have run out! :)

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

Are the gladiator hands homage watches in any way exempt because of the design input by the military to the original mil-sub?  I am with you on not wearing copies, from a different angle: as a designer I would resent cheapened copies.  I suppose it's morally ok once the rights have run out! :)

Yeh I don't really even get that deep... I don't mind accepted copied elements from other watches , there is after all only a certain amount of twists a watch design can take on. I just don't personally like watches that look almost the same as another watch, in that they have copied several elements deliberately to "homage" something else from another brand. Just not drawn to that.... Its a personal thing , not a moral thing. Take the Steinhart range , they obviously are not crashing in on anyone's IP rights so good luck to them and their watches as mentioned above are exceptional value , its just not for me.....:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Got mine on today, feel like quality and very well built and 300m water resistance i got rid of my hamilton khaki king for this and i miss the hammy but very very happy with this stunner.

Go fo it at the price cant go wrong.
Dean2654034d4374ed985ddeec9256ac76ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Watchurself said:

Where from mate and how much? Cheers

chronomaster is the Uk distributer mate

Edited by Deano3