• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Bonzodog

Show us yer quartz watches

Already some goodies on here. I'll just add my latest pre-owned watch; this Timex Expedition Alarm model, bought for a fiver and unfortunately in need of a new strap. I shall probably hang on to the badly worn original strap and I am looking forward to having a go at getting the alarm(s) working. It has two alarm settings - for an alarm over 60 minutes and for an alarm under 60 minutes - and an Indigo lit dial for dark occasions. I think that the battery is running low because the Indiglo light is not working:

Timex T433914E Expedition Easy Set Alarm wristwatch (pics from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com and,bottom, thumbs.worthpoint.com):

81Y5UYfkKzS._UY500_.jpg

superb-timex-expedition-indiglo-watch_36

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Already some goodies on here. I'll just add my latest pre-owned watch; this Timex Expedition Alarm model, bought for a fiver and unfortunately in need of a new strap. I shall probably hang on to the badly worn original strap and I am looking forward to having a go at getting the alarm(s) working. It has two alarm settings - for an alarm over 60 minutes and for an alarm under 60 minutes - and an Indigo lit dial for dark occasions. I think that the battery is running low because the Indiglo light is not working:

Timex T433914E Expedition Easy Set Alarm wristwatch (pics from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com and,bottom, thumbs.worthpoint.com):

81Y5UYfkKzS._UY500_.jpg

superb-timex-expedition-indiglo-watch_36

A fiver with a dud strap,I think a complaint is in order:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Beauty of a qtz. This. 5mm and 30 years old.

5b8325df49990a9c47e211698cf9ef71.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Edited by JoT
Fixed layout
  • Like 7

Only ever purchased quartz watch...Rob :yes:

KR4RnyK.jpg

One of the heir hunters gifted me this in 1996...

fmSOVtQ.jpg

They also gifted (by subscription) 50+ Eaglemoss replica military timepieces...

hhvmZgk.jpg

WKJyod0.jpg

I so miss "Quartz Wednesday"

:laugh:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This is my small quartz collection . . . . .

BiVocBQ.jpg

Every one of them is very well made, and robust to the point of being almost bomb-proof.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

Beauty of a qtz. This. 5mm and 30 years old.

Just touching 4.5mm and 1982- my 18th birthday pressie - erm, actually this is my daughter's 18th birthday pressie, NOS from a retired watchmaker from Florence!  Mine is more - battered (see below).

54207620_125589275178985_405208057321934

My Seiko bracelet courtesy of Ebay ...

54415997_125590838512162_578129109586228

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Just touching 4.5mm and 1982- my 18th birthday pressie - erm, actually this is my daughter's 18th birthday pressie, NOS from a retired watchmaker from Florence!  Mine is more - battered (see below).

54207620_125589275178985_405208057321934

My Seiko bracelet courtesy of Ebay ...

54415997_125590838512162_578129109586228

thats lovely makes my zenith look clunky! What mvmt? looks about 3.5mm. i'll have to go and compare the zen to my old seikos. I've got a zen thats 4mm that old gold one you see me with a lot, but that seiko looks really slim. 

Just now, Nigelp said:

that seiko looks really slim. 

erm - I used to know - 6020 6000 r2 was the code number - I found the NOS on www.kijiji.it whilst looking for a new strap for mine!

• Like 1