• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Have you ever been an eejit?

After some dialogue with an overseas seller, I bought a NOS watch, looking better than the current model because of some patination on the bezel, and advertised cheaper (obviously).  Then the VAT went on, and I hadn't properly assessed the postage , and the new model got reduced in the sales, and now I'm an eejit. Over some fancy coloured corrosion. :taz:

Hoping you will have stories to make me feel better ...

First watch I bought from the USA which looked like a bargain until the VAT etc got put on top.   Few weeks later I saw the same watch discounted in a local jeweller :bash:    

Bought an expensive Raymond Weil but not if it was an automatic. It turned up and proved to be a quartz. I "assumed"  it was an auto and did not ask the seller the fairly obvious question about the movement. I am glad it has only happened once since...but again twice too many.large.DSC00976.JPG.f26964fa605bc95de5a9eef954aed30d.JPG

• Like 1

Pounced on an old Tissot that was about to expire on ebay, only saw close up pics with no strap... turned up and was a 28mm ladies watch.

Could have passed it off as a gift for the misses but was too scruffy for her, she prefers a bit of bling. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yes, bought things I shouldn't have sold things I wish I had kept, and paid more for things than I should have - welcome to the world of watches :biggrin:

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, JoT said:

Oh yes, bought things I shouldn't have sold things I wish I had kept, and paid more for things than I should have - welcome to the world of watches :biggrin:

I recall you telling me how you went on to buy another Speedbird III after you sold your first one to me! :yes:

4 hours ago, ong said:

First watch I bought from the USA which looked like a bargain until the VAT etc got put on top.   Few weeks later I saw the same watch discounted in a local jeweller

Snap!

1 hour ago, JoT said:

sold things I wish I had kept,

I am considering selling a watch, currently keep talking myself out of it.  I thought it would be my everyday wearer when I got it, but I have accidentally bought half a dozen more watches since.  More interesting than stamps, though!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Drum2000 said:

I recall you telling me how you went on to buy another Speedbird III after you sold your first one to me! :yes:

Yes, and then sold it :laugh:

• Like 1

Mine still is selling my 2015 Daytona white face. Which in today's economy would seem like an absolute steal!. Nevertheless you win some & you lose some but you live to buy another watch. Glass half full an all that...m

Edited by Craftycockney
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonzodog said:

Yes,more times than I care to admit to in print :laugh:

I feel exactly the same, I've been an eejit so many times, I think it's become my middle name.:laugh:

• Like 2

Aye Laddie, an "EEJIT" I have been!

THAT WOULD BE THE DAY I BOUGHT MY FIRST WATCH WHICH STARTED THIS WHOLE SORDID MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, RoddyJB said:

THE DAY I BOUGHT MY FIRST WATCH WHICH STARTED THIS WHOLE SORDID MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE

Not just me then ...

No Jet Jetski you are not alone! In fact, this slippery slope we are on is rather crowded!  Trust me, you can't always see them but others are lurking about even as I type this, just waiting for the chance to rear their nefarious heads!  All I can say is....LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!...or is that "OUT HERE?"  :huh:

Edited by RoddyJB
  • Like 1

Im only joking above, we all do daft things, heart rules head and thats it, Its just usually pure luck that gets me through. 

• Like 1