• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jeffj

Help Locating a Childhood LED Watch

Can anyone help identify the make of a watch i had given to me in the mid 70s when i was a kid, it was an all black circular face with a thin edge, red LED, but the most noticeable feature was a small touch sensitive "button" near the edge, recessed in the face. I dont think it could have been expensive as we were a pretty average family with little money to waste. At the time it blew my mind, i loved that watch and have been looking on and off for years to spot a picture with no luck. I'd love to get hold of one again for nostalgia's sake.

Thanks

Jeff

• Like 1

There are so many brands out there. Try an Ebay search using the term ' 70's vintage LED watch'.  Plenty of pictures to assist.. 

I'm a big fan of the LED. Had an Accurist LED for my 18th. Long gone now but did find one in A1 working condition on 'the Bay'. 

Good luck.:thumbsup:

Dear @Jeffj, this really is an almost impossible task. I would love to be able to help, especially as I too like early LED watches.  I am intrigued by the touch-sensitive button which presumably was somewhat different from the usual button arrangement. I reckon that LED watches from the 1970s are becoming scarce - they were never the most reliable of timepieces.

Here is an example of an unbranded LED watch with touch sensor at the bottom of the dial - made in Hong Kong in the 1970s (pic from pinterest): 

54fd426fdce7925402b671c4b9f954b5.jpg

After years of searching i have finally found a picture of an old 70s LED watch i used to own, i have a picture to post but cannot seem to find out how to paste or embed it into this topic. Can someone let me know how to copy a picture from my PC onto this page.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip on posting, Here's the watch in question, does anybody know what it is?

41EFf6I.jpg

• Like 2

Unfortunately not, this is not my watch, just one i found browsing pictures on the internet.

On 14/03/2019 at 14:33, Jeffj said:

After years of searching i have finally found a picture of an old 70s LED watch i used to own, i have a picture to post but cannot seem to find out how to paste or embed it into this topic. Can someone let me know how to copy a picture from my PC onto this page.

Thanks

$5 and it's yours to share as many as you want.

This post and the Picture has been moved to the Watch Discussion Forum for some reason.