• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Saturday Stylin' On U - 9 Mar - WRUW?

46 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

Casio today :)

iVaUAYp.jpg

A white one of these is my 'side-grail'! But black or white, these are smart watches.

• Like 3

This one again now I've got it out. Love this watch.

WIUVsm.jpg

18 hours ago, Migzy said:

Love this. I was looking to buy one of these. Is that the black or the blue? Can I see the back please? 

Definitely the blue. Here's the rear view: Sellita auto. If you're looking at one, for me the bracelet was a little disappointing, just felt a bit rough edged even compared to cheaper Rotaries I have and the butterfly clasp means no micro adjustment, and the triangular lume pip on the bezel is slighly rough edged. Otherwise fantastic and the face is gorgeous with the sunburst and ceramic bezel. They do a non Swiss version nigh on identical now for a fair bit less - "Henley" range but I've not had a good look at one of those.

WIU9Di.jpg

• Like 18

42 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

A white one of these is my 'side-grail'! But black or white, these are smart watches.

I am not quite sure what a side-grail watch is? With respect Casio and grail, I am unsure if you understand the meaning. Now I am quite sure some other member may point to a link of a solid gold one off casio and prove me wrong. But here is a link describing the term 'holy grail' , in the the context of watch collecting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.esquireme.com/amp/article_listing/esquireme/content/18905-what-is-the-%E2%80%98grail-watch-for-watch-collectors

Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, martinzx said:

I am not quite sure what a side-grail watch is? With respect Casio and grail, I am unsure if you understand the meaning. Now I am quite sure some other member may point to a link of a solid gold one off casio and prove me wrong. But here is a link describing the term 'holy grail' , in the the context of watch collecting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.esquireme.com/amp/article_listing/esquireme/content/18905-what-is-the-%E2%80%98grail-watch-for-watch-collectors

Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

Yes, the white Casio qualifies (and I quote) 

"For others it means a watch they have coveted (more more likely obsessed over) often for years, yet hardly ever seen in real life, let alone put it on their wrist.

If they got their hands on such a watch, they would never sell it. It’s the kind of watch they would pass on to their children, or take with them to the grave."

The grail is like your wife, and your side-grail is your lover!  Happy to clear that up. :) (p.s. you didn't have to say what someone else thinks the term grail means, your opinion is just as valid)

Edited by Jet Jetski
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1