• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Thegooddetective

Farer or forget it?

Hi guys and gals and after your advice and opinion.

im settled on my Tudor gmt, I love it and it’s staying, however my Christopher ward gmt and my Seiko alpinist are probably for the chop sometime this year as I want a speedy sapphire sandwich. However my question to you is should I get one of the Farer quartz chronographs in the meantime or keep saving for speedy? 

I’ve been after something “grab and go” and want a bit of a strap monster so I can ease the load on the Tudor. 

They look good quality but are a touch pricey in my opinion and I would keep it after I got the speedy however I’m not sure if I’m just swaying to good advertising and Instagram shots. Thoughts?  I’ve attached pictures (not my own) 

40353966283_770bc6b3e9_b.jpg

47318983151_5ffa73de14_b.jpg

• Like 1

The Farer looks absolutely gorgeous. The question for me would be will it still be available after you've bought the speedy. If so, then keep saving or consider the interest free deals that all the major jewellers offer. You'll be really chuffed with yourself that you persevered and got the speedy that much earlier. You can then buy the Farer.

If the Farer is a limited edition or might become discontinued, then.........

Farer watches up until 18 months ago were sold in Selfridges in London ,,, at similar retail prices. The fact that they are priced the same only on their direct website would make me feel slightly less inclined to think I was getting value for money....

I like the handsome, classic Farer better than the Speedy and the Speedy is deservedly an icon, so on a personal taste level, I'd buy the Farer while it's still around. To put that opinion into perspective my last purchase was a 1980's Ricoh, so you'd probably want more qualified advice.

I'd take the Farer over the speedy, but both are great. If you value the speedy more then wait and save.

• Like 1

I've been looking at this watch alot lately too, but I'd be keen to see some 'proper' wrist shots that aren't professional instagram images.

You've probably already seen these write ups, but just incase:

http://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/farer-split-second-flyback-quartz-chronograph-watches/

https://wornandwound.com/farer-releases-split-second-flyback-chronographs/

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/02/22/farer-split-second-flyback-chronographs/

There was a promo code kicking around for a while but it seems to have expired now.  If a promo came up again to take the price < £500 I'd take the plunge.

They seem to be really pushing the advertising these days as they always seem to come up on pretty much any watch related review I read online.  The fact that this is now the second thread in a day or two I have seen about this brand suggests its working!

Personally, for that reason alone I would avoid but really, if you are saving up for a next purchase it makes no sense to buy something in between unless you are buying at a really cheap price and these are not cheap. There are plenty of budget quartz chronographs out there well made and at better prices.  Personally, if I really wanted a quick quartz chronograph I would get a Citizen or Seiko for a couple of hundred quid.

I love my Farer Endurance, great quality watch and something a bit different from the norm.

44 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I don't know how it compares price wise bit if I was in the market for that look I'd go for one of these. 

seagull-1963-7005-img_3631klein.jpg

Are they still less than £200 from the seller in Holland?  I would definitely go for this one and even if you decided to sell when you desired watch came along this would sell fast and with relative little loss either.

^^^^

Bond has the right idea.

I keep seeing Farer about and while I think they look OK, there's always something about every model that niggles and I know I'll never buy one. I mainly don't like the name and logo, but then I see the price and that confirms it for me. The overuse of primary colours irks as well.

Farer do very little for me either, too much colour over substance for me.

38 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Farer do very little for me either, too much colour over substance for me.

Exact opposite for me. The color is the substance for me. Lol

But this one is far too small for me. Under 40mm. Eek

21 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Exact opposite for me. The color is the substance for me. Lol

I like colour as well, but just not in the way Farer use it.

• Like 1