• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RegDiggins

What is meaning of Full Lever on back of 1960s Swiss automatic

I have recently started wearing one of my favourite dress watches a MuDu super automatic 25 jewels made around the early 60s. It reminded me that on the stainless steel back of the watch as well as antimagnetic, water resistant, Swiss made and Incabloc it has " Full Lever" and under that  11044.  Can anyone tell me what that refers to ?

An English or Swiss lever movement is the accepted norm for better quality watches.  Lower end watches use a pin lever, which is cruder and not jeweled

Thanks for the info , I assume the number 11044 is merely a record of this particular watch in the production schedule. I have two Bulova Accutrons which are marked on the back with date codes for the year of manufacture M7 and N4  the first being 1967 and the later one 1974.

I have always thought that MuDu watches represent the output of many different makers hence the immense numbers of different styles of watch plus the use of an Umbrella logo on some examples which may suggest an umbrella organisation which shelters many makers . Does anyone have any idea about their origin as it does not seem to appear in lists of makers of Swiss watches in the early 60s ??

• Like 1

Mu Du watches have an interesting history @RegDiggins ...... from the early 1950s they were smuggled into the U.K. via various ports Bristol Southampton e.t.c. and sold on the "black market" .... presumably to avoid high import duties after the war..... many have good quality swiss movements (i have a couple of them....one with a felsa 4002 30 jewel mvmt. and another with an AS 1700 mvmt. also 30 jewel)...there is a section of T.W.F. (Mu Du owners club)....if you scroll down on your home page....they are great watches to collect....as you say most have differing styles of face....and can be picked up quite cheaply on e bay....hope this was some help :thumbsup: