• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
antony

Elgin model 5

I've gone and brought another non runner from Ebay, I just couldn't turn it down.

It's a 16s size, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a balance staff for one. 

OK so it doesn't just need a staff, the hands are rubbish,  gold plated, the hands don't turn when the crown is pulled out,  the Crown is way too small.

But I like it, here hopefully is a picture of the movement,  it's a good picture, ( if it uploads ),, sorry I tried

Do you have any pictures of the front of the movement. If you get stuck, give me a shout.

Over the past year or so I have purchased so many "None Runners" - its like a Lucky Bag. Most of them are put in the cupboard and stay there :-(

I prefer the American pocket watches to Swiss - I find it very hard finding parts in the UK, maybe Im such a novice and just don't know where to look.

anyway I'll stop wingeing. I hope you find your parts and get it running - I love it when you can bring life back to an old pocket watch.