• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Catimann

Slava I just got

Here is a watch I just bought last week.  It was not working and I removed the back to find it needed a battery.  The old one is pictured and seems like it could be an original one but I don't really know.  These are all the angles.

IMG_1414IMG_1416FullSizeRenderIMG_1418IMG_1411IMG_1412

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Catiman and welcome to the forum. I doubt that's the original battery - your watch is 25+ years old and if the battery had been in there that long I expect it would have leaked everywhere!

Did you get it working? It's getting harder and harder to to find Soviet era Slava quartz watches that actually work. I have 4. And only 1 actually works :(

I do like that! For me that startling combination of the red, black, and creamy white works well, and they have kept the red and white theme over the whole watch, including the bezel which unites the design nicely. At the same time, the actual style of the watch itself is quite conventional and classic. :)

This battery, now replaced, had an extra no like 792 written on the side that rubbed off as i cleaned it.  Yes it leaked but it didn't make a big mess and the small plastic backing pc that fits under the battery saved much of the interior.  The watch seems to be well made as any plain steel would have corroded to heck.  The $5 replacement battery has it working fine.  Don't wear it, just have in on the shelf below my DDR car sticker.  Fits there.