• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
NOTSHARP

24 Hr. Komandirskie

This arrived this morning.

BLUE_24_HR_3.jpg

Cal 2431, 24 hour movement. All stainless case and bezel. Not that I am too keen on the bezel. Hence I also ordered a new one. :whistle:

BLUE_24_HR_5.jpg

Better, but no cigar. Just as well I had a new dial and blue steel hands, ready and waiting. :rolleyes:

BLUE_24_HR_7.jpg

The blue steel second hand was a little short IMO, so the longer, red one was fitted. I am not too sure about red, at the moment, but I have a black one of the same dimensions.

I still have another set of hands that I may try.

Steve.

• Like 2

I like the middle photo but that is just my preference , I find the dial in the last photo a little confusing ( 4,8,12,16,20,24)  

• Thanks 1

The second hand as fitted looks good as does the silver Raketa style dial.

Wished I'd got the black no date version, still like my one though. :thumbsup:

large.20180623_090742_kindlephoto-257876

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

another vote fro the 2 nd with the blue and red the added red writing balances the red second hand :thumbsup:

deano

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

another vote fro the 2 nd with the blue and red the added red writing balances the red second hand :thumbsup:

deano

It certainly does, but I find the blue dial a little "busy".

A few options are still available. :whistle:

Steve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

Second for me. Though the silver dial is something I'm keen on. Still on the hunt for a inner rotating bezel 24hr. 

Have you looked at Raketa?

Rakieta-24h-morska.jpg

vierundzwanzig1.jpg

raketa_world_time_silver_rus.jpg

@WRENCHI have. Its just finding one in good condition. There have been a few refurbished ones kicking about but they haven't really been up to scratch. 

I specifically want a 24 + 24 inner bezel rather than cities or shift time. That second one with the grey dial is pretty smart though 

8 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

@WRENCHI have. Its just finding one in good condition. There have been a few refurbished ones kicking about but they haven't really been up to scratch. 

I specifically want a 24 + 24 inner bezel rather than cities or shift time. That second one with the grey dial is pretty smart though 

You could push the boat out and get one of these

533d4ad990c1e5e180780251e759c53b.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WRENCH said:

raketa_world_time_silver_rus.jpg

Up til now I had thought the dumbest watchface was a certain Kobold which had a mix of roman & regular numbers as hour markers.

But no. This one really takes the biscuit.

WTF were they thinking????

Cities for a time zone. You can tell the time in a city by aligning it as has a 24hr face. I can't remember the exact way. 

It's actually very useful for travelling, particularly over a number of time zones which cover Russia. 

The problem, and why I think it's bloody stupid, is that it's not just cities. It's a completely senseless mix of cities, states/regions, and countries. Some of which span more than one timezone. Just... incredibly dumb.

I like the middle one best too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DryEagle said:

The problem, and why I think it's bloody stupid, is that it's not just cities. It's a completely senseless mix of cities, states/regions, and countries. Some of which span more than one timezone. Just... incredibly dumb.

Russian military and scientific outposts too. In a time when you needed something functional it probably did that well. The one that is available with English, not so useful as its focused on Russian establishments and needs. We can agree to disagree.  :)

Mine cost less than £20 new, so I won't get too upset. :yes:

• Like 1