• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

32 minutes ago, gimli said:

I know that there are some with magnets and you can reposition the lights. Those are nice but, can you also adjust the light ? I might need one that lets me adjust the light power.

The one I have has ten light settings.  

A link to the one I have.  

Zecti-Portable-Dimmable-Adjustable on Amazon, the one I have.  :thumbsup:

Edited by themysterybidder

9 hours ago, themysterybidder said:

Can anyone help me with an issue I'm having, when I attempt to take pictures of certain watches I can see the reflection of the camera on the watch face, if that makes sense.  I have tried putting the watch in various different positions in the light tent and also moving the led strips with different light settings.  I have also tried them on and off.  Is it something that can be improved or is it do to with the actual watch, for instance what the glass is made out of?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks, Cassie.  :king:

I think I mentioned before that you can make a shade or mask with a little hole in it, and let the camera peer through the hole. Use black posterboard, or an opaque screen. Look through my past (recent) posts about this kind of setup. Here's one with an opaque screen that lets light through. 

20121209-0423_homemade_photoshade_640.jp

Oh, one way to cut the hole is with a compass cutter, a tool for cutting circular holes. For thicker materials, I use a surgical prep blade or X-acto knife, making a series of short cuts to make the gross opening then smaller cuts to refine it. Takes time and patience but pays off. 

Edited by Chromejob
  • Like 1

@Chromejob You are correct you did on page 1, I guess I must have been too eager back then just to snap pictures without bothering about reflections!  :whistle:  Since I've been really "getting into it", it has made me so much more aware of lighting and shadowing.  I strive for a good picture now, not just a quick snap!  Should about A4 size be big enough?  Thanks.  :king:

Edited by themysterybidder

[mention=2265]Chromejob[/mention] You are correct you did on page 1, I guess I must have been too eager back then just to snap pictures without bothering about reflections!  :whistle:  Since I've been really "getting into it", it has made me so much more aware of lighting and shadowing.  I strive for a good picture now, not just a quick snap!  Should about A4 size be big enough?  Thanks.  :king:

Bigger, if the crystal is domed. I have a poster sized black matte posterboard, and it’s tricky photographing my Mk IIs.
  • Thanks 1