• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Short question, date change.

After consulting the supplier I am assured the slightly early date chang on the STP1-11 is quite normal I wondered if anyone else waited up to see the date change on new watches.....or just had a look in the morning.

Almost every watch is different, from literally half an hour to change up to three or more hours for complete change on day date models.  Most you can only move forward manually but Timex allow hand change backward and forward :thumbsup:

No fibs :)   Have you waited up to see the date change process? 

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by RWP
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RWP said:

After consulting the supplier I am assured the slightly early date chang on the STP1-11 is quite normal I wondered if anyone else waited up to see the date change on new watches.....or just had a look in the morning.

Almost every watch is different, from literally half an hour to change up to three or more hours for complete change on day date models.  Most you can only move forward manually but Timex allow hand change backward and forward :thumbsup:

No fibs :)   Have you waited up to see the date change process? 

Cheers :thumbsup:

Why don't you just pull the crown out and wind the hands on, to see when the date changes, and save some nocturnal stress ?

• Like 2

Hahaha...Cmon Rog...Get with the program...:laughing2dw:

The date will always change...:whistle:

Edited by Rob.B
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Why don't you just pull the crown out and wind the hands on, to see when the date changes, and save some nocturnal stress ?

Do that as well.............fast............  better to see it in real time:crazy5vh:   I read until well past midnight anyway so it’s no problem.   I actually won’t stay awake just for the event :huh:

Edited by RWP

I've noticed with my Seiko 5 it usually takes a few hours, from about 23:00 it will start changing the date.  I've never seen it fully changing.  The only one I've actually seen changing is a digital as it only takes a second, I have enough patience for that!  :thumbsup::king:

• Like 1

Good grief! OCD about the hands synching and now OCD about the date changing...do you really wait up just to see the date change, Rog?

I think you seriously need to get a grip, 'ol pal....:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

The only one I've actually seen changing is a digital as it only takes a second,

Far to long, send it back with a stiff letter. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

Most of my date wheels change over from 23:59 to 00:02 or so. With ETAs it can depend upon hand movement. Yes, if it's quiet enough I can hear it click over. 

Cassie, my Seikos generally change the date at midnight, then the day changes over the next hour. 

My Orient ... slow, steady date change from 11:45 to 00:30. What's the rush, eh? 

Do I sit there and watch? Not since I was about 12 years old and had a Timex diver watch with date, unless it was the various LCD models I had until I bought myself a Seiko 5 in my last year of high school. Yep, I'm sure I watched the Seiko 5 click over a few times, then lost interest with my confidence that it was working A-OK. 

Rog, if your Roamer date switches over at 11:30 predictably, then it could use a little adjustment. Any watchsmith can advance the movement to the moment the date wheel clicks over, then remove and reposition the hands to 00:01. Simple, maybe a 10 bob job? 

Edited by Chromejob

As long as it does actually change at some point between the end of the working day and the start of the next, I couldn’t care less what time it changes. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

As long as it does actually change at some point between the end of the working day and the start of the next, I couldn’t care less what time it changes. :)

Is it better if it changes to the right date ?   :sadwalk:

26 minutes ago, reggie747 said:

FFS.........

New toy, give 'im a break. :rolleyes:  Don't you obsess about your new toys? :naughty: I do. 

Edited by Chromejob

24 minutes ago, reggie747 said:

FFS.........

giphy.gif

Run out of flies to pull wings off Reggie ?  I mean that’s a real hobby :clap:

I win 

… or not … cannot seem to add a video clip from flickr as before - it becomes a still of the first frame :(

Edited by Rotundus
  • Sad 1