• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

...or is the forum a lot slower since the upgrade. Previously, pages loaded instantly. Now I'm looking at the spinning circle of doom for at least five to ten seconds before pages load.......

Very slow at times for me, too.

Slow for me too. Especially loading pictures from the forum gallery. :(

Just to restore some balance to this topic, and make you guys feel worse, I'm not having any problems at all :tongue:

Might make a difference to the speed depending on your device.  Mine is a fairly old Samsung laptop, running Chrome and Windows 7, if that helps?

• Like 1

About the same for me. I’d disable that a/v software and see if that makes a diff’. Based on your Google Image Search issue, it seems that Blackguard (or whatever it’s called) is filtering everything. That’s excessive, unless you’ve enabled parental controls (i.e. censorship). 

Edited by Chromejob

I find that at certain times of the day, things seem to be very slow, and if I am posting a topic, that whirly circle seems to go on for ever. It can reach critical mass when the message comes up to say "time out!" AAaargh!:)

You might be on to something @Roger the Dodger, just happens to be a bit slow posting a reply for me this evening. Currently 0245 UTC so can't be too many people on the forum (149 users total, 3 logged in). 

Not sure when it was upgraded, but yes, it's been slow to respond for the last few days for me.

There doesn`t seem to be any problem for me, it must be because I`m such a nice guy :tongue:

• Like 2

This should now be fixed.  Any faster? 

What whirly thing? 

I don't think mines playing up but at this time of night I often nod off so can't be sure.   :huh:

2 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

What whirly thing? 

I don't think mines playing up but at this time of night I often nod off so can't be sure.   :huh:

I think it’s fixed now anyway :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m seeing slowdowns intermittently, a couple of days ago I hit the jackpot with a 500 server error and gateway error. But it’s intermittently, possibly due to load, or sunspots, or the price of goat cheese in Croatia, whatever. Have been seeing some slow page loads today. 

Addendum: I'm seeing intermittent delays on prompting for matching usernames typing a few characters after "@" ... and also on typing the first few characters of an emoji after ":". I haven't stopped to check how many logged in members are on the forum when it happens (e.g. an indication of server load). 

My tablet behaves in a totally different way on the forum now, spellchecker is different, it changes words for no apparent reason as well ? Perhaps because I'm a cheapskate and using a basic Kindle ? Anyway, not really a big issue now that I know. :)

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

My tablet behaves in a totally different way on the forum now, spellchecker is different, it changes words for no apparent reason as well ? Perhaps because I'm a cheapskate and using a basic Kindle ? Anyway, not really a big issue now that I know. :)

That’s almost certainly a behavior of the spell checking function of the keyboard app on your tablet. Nothing the forum can have any control of. 

On 09/05/2018 at 22:59, Roy said:

This should now be fixed.  Any faster? 

Yes indeed. :thumbsup:

Things seem to be normal. With 136 users browsing the forums, 34 logged in members.  

Edited by Chromejob

5 hours ago, Chromejob said:

That’s almost certainly a behavior of the spell checking function of the keyboard app on your tablet. Nothing the forum can have any control of. 

Well it changes when I'm on all other sites ? As I said, no worries.

:thumbsup:

Maybe, just maybe, your spell checker is aware of what site you're on in the browser. But the keyboard and spell checker really is "client side" (running on your device), the only server side function I know is a popup for common acronyms like IMHO and FWIW. The forum software has a "acronym decoder" ring built in.