• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I've aquired a nice little watch, namely the Seiko 7s28 0120. I believe it is an S wave, however I cant seem to find anymore info about it.  I was toying with the idea of taking it apart to mod, but its kind of growing on me.

I'm not sure the history of the S wave, was it a failed experiment?

Any forumites with experience of these?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Laughing gravy said:

Any forumites with experience of these?

Here ? Although S26

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 1

thisthreadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Well, maybe not worthless, but much less fun.

Edited by Chromejob

The S-Wave (Sport Wave?) was a 1990's 7S26 calibre sports watch - a colourful Seiko 5 with different branding basically.

Japanese market only (Europe got the Helmet case but without the S-Wave branding). Released in classic round case, Helmet case, TV case and Square case.
Tons of colour options, the red, black and blue ones are pretty common, yellow is seen a fair bit as well. The green models are orange models command a premium.

Here's a link - not much info but some superb pictures;

http://jamandwatch.blogspot.com/2011/03/seiko-s-wave-green-dial-7s26-0110.html

They also released a chronograph model which flopped spectacularly. V657 calibre movement and again, several colour options for the dial and an aluminium bezel.
Ultra rare, but not at all expensive - the last couple I've had haven't cost me much more than £50 a time and brought about the same when I sold them again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1