• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

55 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Bl00dy hell looks brilliant. 

We've got the West Pennine Moor and Rivington on the doorstep which is just as well as walking the boy has pushing mtbing into the background. 

What are your flat pedals, they look familiar? 

I'd like to get up there to the Pennines sometime when I'm back to fitness (been out of the saddle for around three months now with a back injury) :angry:

The flats are "Moove" .. lovely made pedals and really grippy, though I don't use flats on any of my bikes now, not fit enough on the climbs without SPD's, and have too many shin scars :bash:

2 hours ago, Andy300 said:

I'd like to get up there to the Pennines sometime when I'm back to fitness (been out of the saddle for around three months now with a back injury) :angry:

The flats are "Moove" .. lovely made pedals and really grippy, though I don't use flats on any of my bikes now, not fit enough on the climbs without SPD's, and have too many shin scars :bash:

Hahaha those pins dont half dig in dont they?? 

I dont trust spds off road but im doing very little now anyway 

6 hours ago, Turpinr said:

Hahaha those pins dont half dig in dont they?? 

I dont trust spds off road but im doing very little now anyway 

Sure do pal .. this was a week after a pedal strike in the forest and it was healed .. bl00dy felt this one :(

pedal_zpsh2sr7jac.jpg

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Andy300 said:

Sure do pal .. this was a week after a pedal strike in the forest and it was healed .. bl00dy felt this one :(

pedal_zpsh2sr7jac.jpg

Ouch 

Went to the London motorcycle show today. Usual **** - £20 to walk round a large shop! Still, I bought a set of cobalt drill bits, a bag of cable ties and I found a new pair of sunglasses on the floor so not all bad. 

Oh yeah, and I had a go on a sports bike - Christ - I didn’t know I could lean them that far! :rolleyes:

2721_DC74-_C993-4_FA0-_A813-_DB1_A396_AD

• Like 1

Never been one for taking photos, but I found this earlier today. One of the last Meriden Bonny's with UK tank, bars and exhaust fitted. It was a foul handling unreliable pig. I kept it for four years and got rid of it.

large.IMG_20180219_103031_kindlephoto-210065.jpg.f77b47fa02a8c7b2858421270fd360cd.jpg

Replaced it with one of these.

850.jpg

Never missed a beat. As long as you regularly emptied a can of WD 40 on the electrics, and disconnected the "stupid" linked brake system, it was fine.

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Never been one for taking photos, but I found this earlier today. One of the last Meriden Bonny's with UK tank, bars and exhaust fitted. It was a foul handling unreliable pig. I kept it for four years and got rid of it.

large.IMG_20180219_103031_kindlephoto-210065.jpg.f77b47fa02a8c7b2858421270fd360cd.jpg

Replaced it with one of these.

850.jpg

Never missed a beat. As long as you regularly emptied a can of WD 40 on the electrics, and disconnected the "stupid" linked brake system, it was fine.

How late is the Bonnie?? I think the latest ive been on is about 75/76.

Were Italian electrics like Jap chains and tyres? 

Edited by Turpinr

5 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

How late is the Bonnie?? I think the latest ive been on is about 75/76.

Were Italian electrics like Jap chains and tyres? 

The Bonnie was registered in 1978, the pic is from 81.

Contrary to what everyone told me, the Guzzi electrics were never a problem. It was by far, the most reliable bike I've owned. Down side was a rear tyre around every 1000 miles. I went from Glasgow to Dartmouth and back and the tyre was "to the canvas" on return, and I don't do a lot of breaking with the rear pedal.

Just now, WRENCH said:

The Bonnie was registered in 1978, the pic is from 81.

Contrary to what everyone told me, the Guzzi electrics were never a problem. It was by far, the most reliable bike I've owned. Down side was a rear tyre around every 1000 miles. I went from Glasgow to Dartmouth and back and the tyre was "to the canvas" on return, and I don't do a lot of breaking with the rear pedal.

I didnt like alloy wheels when they first came out in the late 70's but by 78 I'd jacked in with bikes anyway. 

Do you remember the commando chopper, thing with hi bars....... Uggggghhhhhh, how could they do that to such a beautiful bike? 

18 minutes ago, Big Vern said:

My current collection:-

B5866070-90A5-4BE4-89AD-E384E23B8AE2.jpe

You have good taste.  :yes::tongue:

I have a BMW R1200GS TC, it has hardly any miles on it. It has been stuck in my shed for the last 5 years. Been in hospital with ill health too many times for me to remember and loads of complications when I came out.

I just don't ride it anymore and can't really due to the complications.

I should sell it but it has been one of those "I will do it tomorrow" kind of thing.

I am gutted, truly am.

I used to go abroad on the bike every year to see the Motogp and have been to a lot of places in Europe for bike meets, memorial sites etc.

It is an amazing machine for comfortable riding and great for the twisties. 

21 minutes ago, Flycaster said:

I can't imagine not being able to ride. :swoon: I would probably sit on my arse all day in front of the computer on a watch forum. Drinking. :laugh:

14 hours ago, Flycaster said:

I have a BMW R1200GS TC, it has hardly any miles on it. It has been stuck in my shed for the last 5 years. Been in hospital with ill health too many times for me to remember and loads of complications when I came out.

I should sell it but it has been one of those "I will do it tomorrow" kind of thing.

I am gutted, truly am.

I used to go abroad on the bike every year to see the Motogp and have been to a lot of places in Europe for bike meets, memorial sites etc.

It is an amazing machine for comfortable riding and great for the twisties. 

I was in that situation until I bought one of these..

cq5dam.web.480.480.png

Just a 'handful' in various states, some are projects, some are original. I have a tenancy to take pics when i'm fettling with em'....

Honda Superdream 250N. All original including front tyre :bash:.......except pipes and collector box

DbgNUqv.jpg

A.J.S 350cc Model 8, right in its element... on the bike bench with another problem!

AxxpjNz.jpg

All original Honda CD175

gspJy3o.jpg

L.E Velocette project

nPjKLXn.jpg

Honda XBR500

yIQpj85.jpg

74' Fizzy....

HIsnWdx.jpg

• Like 1

Just got my latest Hitchcocks catalogue today. Really trying hard to resist the temptation to build one of these.

IMG_8171.JPG

These are excellent :thumbsup:

yIQpj85.jpg

Easily tuned, Gold Star performance, and brakes to match. Wish I'd bought a GB model when they were affordable.

utr-gb500-cobbed.jpg

Went out on the "mechanical laxative" today :teethsmile: .. lovely ride in the Cotswolds to a favourite village of mine for a crackin al fresco fish/chip lunch in the sunshine :thumbs_up:

Then a longer route back home, during which I was goaded into showing a couple of different plebs in quick cars what fast really means (a Maserati, and an AMG Merc) :whistling:

I don't normally take the bait, but now and then .. well, ya know what its like :laugh:

fool_zpsbx6xdv21.jpg

• Haha 2