Jump to content

  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

Member Map

Recommended Posts

 

i'm betting we already have a winner for the furthest south!  Can't imagine there would be too many south of SBryantgb.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

A legend solved.

Loch Freuchie ('Fraoch' the heatherly loch),

The story goes that a young man named @mach 0.0013137, at the request of the lady Maidh, went to the dragon inhabited island to gather rowan berries. He completed the task and evaded the dragon but the lady insisted that nothing would please her except that he return to her with the uprooted rowan tree. On his second visit he got the tree but woke the dragon, who in mortal combat gnawed off @mach 0.0013137 arms and legs! Maidh found both lying dead on the shore of the crannog.

This legend must now be dispelled, but the question remains about the whereabouts of the rest of the crew.

comisionado-u173.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
21 hours ago, Roy said:

I have just installed a Membership Map function, please take time to add your location, with all the talk of meetups I thought this would be interesting, it can be accessed from the menu, browse/member map or here :  http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/membermap/

membermap.jpg

 

 

 HiRoy, this is Fab :)

 

Could you advise me on how to change my location as its put me in a middle of an industrial estate ..:clap:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
54 minutes ago, Sulie said:

 

 

 HiRoy, this is Fab :)

 

Could you advise me on how to change my location as its put me in a middle of an industrial estate ..:clap:

 

Just click on my location, then on update and change it  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Just click on my location, then on update and change it  :thumbsup:

Sorted :thumbsup: i have now been re-located .. :yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, WRENCH said:

A legend solved.

Loch Freuchie ('Fraoch' the heatherly loch),

The story goes that a young man named @mach 0.0013137, at the request of the lady Maidh, went to the dragon inhabited island to gather rowan berries. He completed the task and evaded the dragon but the lady insisted that nothing would please her except that he return to her with the uprooted rowan tree. On his second visit he got the tree but woke the dragon, who in mortal combat gnawed off @mach 0.0013137 arms and legs! Maidh found both lying dead on the shore of the crannog.

This legend must now be dispelled, but the question remains about the whereabouts of the rest of the crew.

 

I must say there wasn`t much on the island in the way of places to hide from a dragon ....

Tour%2BScotland%2BWinter%2BPhotograph%2BLoch%2BFreuchie.jpg

(photo nicked from the net)

:laugh:

 

Ok, I`ll admit it - I`m not actually there but we have to be careful of some bad people south of the border who mean us harm.:bash:

PS & before certain members of the forum take offence - the individuals in question are NOT English:tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Ok, I`ll admit it - I`m not actually there but we have to be careful of some bad people south of the border who mean us harm.:bash:

PS & before certain members of the forum take offence - the individuals in question are NOT English:tongue:

There are a lot of Scots living down here as well as a few Brits like Andy Murray although if he does not start winning again he may have to revert to being a Scot :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

Being a bit thick here, but where do I find the map giving all members please?

mike

2 hours ago, odyseus10 said:

Now added, although I feel quite lonely - apart from a few 'islanders' across the Solent :)

Never mind O, we will wave to you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 minutes ago, dobra said:

Being a bit thick here, but where do I find the map giving all members please?

mike

Never mind O, we will wave to you!

I've been following this thread back & Roy has posted a link to click on. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, Sulie said:

 

 

Could you advise me on how to change my location as its put me in a middle of an industrial estate ..:clap:

 

For non important officials from the likes of the council and various other chancers like in supermarkets that seem to think they have a god given right to know who I am,  where I live and ask for my address and post code I give them a random address on one  industrial estate and then a post code that shows me living in a local skip hire yard.

Surprising the amount of junk mail I don't get these days.

:laugh: :laugh:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I must say there wasn`t much on the island in the way of places to hide from a dragon ....

Tour%2BScotland%2BWinter%2BPhotograph%2BLoch%2BFreuchie.jpg

(photo nicked from the net)

:laugh:

 

Ok, I`ll admit it - I`m not actually there but we have to be careful of some bad people south of the border who mean us harm.:bash:

PS & before certain members of the forum take offence - the individuals in question are NOT English:tongue:

I worked in Glen Quaich, where loch Freuchie is situated, often, Anyone touring Scotland, the road from Amulree to Kenmore through Glen Quaich is spectacular.

GlenQuaich_EN-GB2115649579.jpg

@mach 0.0013137 the reason the island is so small in the picture is because U173 was fully submerged at the time and as the loch is shallow the water displacement is quite considerable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, odyseus10 said:

Now added, although I feel quite lonely - apart from a few 'islanders' across the Solent :)

Hello from across the pond neighbour ! :laugh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

I worked in Glen Quaich, where loch Freuchie is situated, often, Anyone touring Scotland, the road from Amulree to Kenmore through Glen Quaich is spectacular.

GlenQuaich_EN-GB2115649579.jpg

I can confirm that, having gone out of the way just to enjoy that route on many occasions myself :thumbs_up:

 

3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

 

@mach 0.0013137 the reason the island is so small in the picture is because U173 was fully submerged at the time and as the loch is shallow the water displacement is quite considerable.

 That explains it, I did wonder :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

I think I've added myself to the map, but the internet connection here in the office is so slow I can't view it properly to check.  Still, I assume it worked OK just by entering my postcode.  If not, I'll do it again when I get home next week :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

It did take a couple if attempts to get it to do anything though. Entering my post code didn't work  (tried twice but nothing happened) but entering the town did work?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

It is amazing, if not disappointing that so far just over 1/4 of a percent, roughly 0.28% of the total membership, have come on board!!!  

I think it would be great to have a few thousand more...

There must be more members located between the Atlantic & Pacific Oceans, if not us poor orphans over here in the colonies will be sooo lonely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.