• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Krispy

How to add images to the Gallery and insert them into your posts

Upgraded Gallery Members are offered unlimited storage space for their images on the forum plus the ability to insert them directly into your posts without having to use an external image hosting site or any copying and pasting of URLs!

Please see here for details of how to upgrade your account:

Members who haven't upgraded their account are welcome to browse, rate and comment on other members Gallery albums.

ADDING IMAGES TO THE GALLERY

1. Access the Gallery by clicking the gallery link in the forum header.  The Gallery currently has 2 categories for members to create albums in - Member's Watch Albums and Members No-Watch Albums.  Beneath the Gallery categories is a selection of recently added images.

gallery.jpg

Click Add Images to upload images to a new or existing album

2. Select the category you wish to add your images to or create a new album within

selectcat.JPG

3. On the next step, you can either create a new album by following the instructions on the left hand side of the screen or add your images to an existing album.  I've selected an existing album.

selectalbum.JPG

Click Use Selected Album 

4. On the next step, you can browse and select image(s) to upload to your album by clicking on Choose Files. You will be presented with a file browser to allow you to select one or more images to upload (pressing your control button while clicking files in the browser will allow you to select multiple images).  Alternatively, you can drag files from your PC and drop them on to the white area of this screen instead of pressing Choose Files.

selectfile.JPG

5. The images you've uploaded will now upload and display in the bottom part of the screen.  Click the trash can in front of any image you don't want to upload at this stage.

selectedfiles.JPG
  6. Finally, you have the chance to edit the image title and description before completing the upload.  If you have uploaded multiple images, clicking on them in the left hand panel will allow you to edit the details.

editimages.JPG

7. Click Finish Editing Images to complete your upload. 

INSERTING GALLERY IMAGES INTO POSTS (GALLERY MEMBERS ONLY)

1. When creating a new topic or replying, click the 'Insert other media' button in the bottom right of the reply box and select 'Insert existing attachment':

attachments.jpg

2. Then select your image(s) from the gallery and click 'Insert selected':

rog2.JPG

3. Optionally, you can search for an image by image title using the search box at the top of the attachments pop-up. 

When you start typing in the search box at the top of the pop up, your gallery items will be filtered as you type what you are searching for.

In this example I'd only typed D and R into the search bar and it wittered all of my images down to just my Dragonfly ones:

rog3.JPG

4. The images or images you selected will be added wherever your cursor is at the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fredwastell said:

Is the Gallery open to all members.

Yes it is however there is a £5 annual charge :) it can be ordered here with instant access : 

• Thanks 1

@Roy It won't let me drag and drop, so how do I get a gallery photo into a classified advert?

53 minutes ago, Robden said:

@Roy It won't let me drag and drop, so how do I get a gallery photo into a classified advert?

Click on the image, then right click to copy image url then paste it into the classifieds when it asks for the image file. 

I have tried uploading from 2 different devices and get error 200

anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Noj

On 08/11/2018 at 09:11, Noj said:

I have tried uploading from 2 different devices and get error 200

anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Noj

Yes im getting that as well 

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 06:30, Roy said:

Yes it is however there is a £5 annual charge :) it can be ordered here with instant access : 

when the gallery was started,  entry costs "a  fiver".   no mention of "a fiver every year". 

1 hour ago, vinn said:

when the gallery was started,  entry costs "a  fiver".   no mention of "a fiver every year". 

It has always been this way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

It may be that your pic files are too big...the gallery will only accept files up to 5mb. If yours are bigger than this, you will have to re-size them.

They are all about 2-3 mb so i dont think its that, would there be any issues with them being on an i pad ?

1 minute ago, Chris 810 said:

They are all about 2-3 mb so i dont think its that, would there be any issues with them being on an i pad ?

I can't give you an answer to that, Chris as I don't use Apple tech...but I have no trouble uploading via android devices (Samsung phone and tablet) or from my PC.

Works fine for me, but I'm using windows 7 PC, I did read in the thread Gallery Error codes in Forum bugs, enhancements and Features etc, that the file image are not stored as jpegs on apple devices, and it says to re-save images as jpegs, might be worth a try.

• Thanks 1

The apple thing can be solved by downloading Pixomatic from the App Store, it was free when I did it. Then I just open the image in pixomatic and save it straight away and hey presto it works. 

I find it strange that in 2018 anything web related doesn’t work properly for apple tech but it is what it is and only takes a tick to sort out

Noj