• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

On 5/21/2017 at 00:09, Jonesinamillion said:

I'm guessing this would work on clickthroughs if we added your link to our favourites? most of us would visit ebay several times a week!

Yes this is correct :) 

• Like 1

Done! Oh the cruelty. The link showed me the watch I followed in hope, then in despair as the bids flew over my budget. 

• Like 1

Just a rant about eBay buyers. Why do people start bidding so early, don't they realise that all they are doing is pumping up the price. If a watch is worth £200, why put in a bit for £30 two days before the auction ends, they'r never going to win it. I can understand the type of bidder who knows their maximum, so puts the bid in hoping nobody will match it, but why the hell do some people just put in silly bids so early. 

Just a rant about eBay buyers. Why do people start bidding so early, don't they realise that all they are doing is pumping up the price. If a watch is worth £200, why put in a bit for £30 two days before the auction ends, they'r never going to win it. I can understand the type of bidder who knows their maximum, so puts the bid in hoping nobody will match it, but why the hell do some people just put in silly bids so early. 

Open market. You have users who know what something is worth, others who are idiots. You have smart people putting in a reasonable bid and hope no idiot overbids them (or wants it beyond reason).

There used to be no tools or bots available so it was actually fun budding in the last minute of an auction, especially if you were in a company office with superfast connectivity versus bidders at home on dial up (those days when you had to fire up the Internet like a caveman starting a fire). No more, those days are past.

19 hours ago, The Minute said:

I just check the item out, decide what I am prepared to pay for it and bid that amount then walk away, if I win, it means I was prepared to pay more than anyone else.. Simples.

I used to do what CJ said and continually bid on the item until the hammer falls, these days there are so many snipers out there, the fun has gone.  So I am far more considered in what I do and just pop one bid on.