5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   martinus_scriblerus

Chronograph

• 1,332 posts
  • Joined 29-September 08

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

This one just sold on eBay:

Posted Image

A nice one, to be sure, with an original band, but needing an overhaul. I was surprised that it sold in a furious bidding dual for $2,225.00.

Three others have sold this year, all sold by my friend "Adamtime" of Detroit, Michigan (he should be a member of this forum - I have bought 3 or 4 watches from him and he is a good guy). All overhauled, BUT none with an original band. They sold for $1,100, $1651, and $1,732.

I bought one a year ago for $1,360 with original band and box. Had it overhauled by Rene ($355) so that seems like a bargain now.

I am trying to account for the run up in prices - not just with Vegas, but many watches. Any thoughts?

#2 OFFLINE   dombox40

Minute Repeater

• Member*
  • 2,853 posts
  • Joined 20-October 08

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Seeing as we are suppose to be in one of the worst recessions of all time there still seems to be plenty of money for watches out there. I do admit to selling a few Accutrons now and again and prices of these are holding up quite well for the right watches.

#3 OFFLINE   mel

Perpetual Calendar

• Member*
  • 8,796 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Humble Timex' are creeping upwards and upwards, check out "fully serviced" Dynabeat's on the bay at prices that would have been a laugh two years ago. - and they seem to be selling at thos prices now!.

Good news and bad news at the same time :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   martinus_scriblerus

Chronograph

• 1,332 posts
  • Joined 29-September 08

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Here's my Vega. I dug it out of my safety deposit box. Original band too and looks sensational!

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   SNAKEBITE

Automatic

• 112 posts
  • Joined 13-February 12

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

How old is it?
It looks, and I am guessing here, from the 50's or early 60's.

#6 OFFLINE   harleymanstan

Manual Wind

• 91 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

The Vega was released in June 1961 with an original price of $110.00, and had a two year production life, so it is very uncommon. I have one of these watches for sale on my website:

http://unwindintime....t=91&category=1

Believe me, though. I would not be selling it if I did not have another in my personal collection. :yes:

harleymanstan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users