J W Benson Help

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Martin101

• 2 posts
  • Joined 18-February 12

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi all can anyone help me ,Ive been left an gold benson half hunter .It looks really old cant find a date on it but here is some info on it .white face with Roman numerals and a separate second dial.There is a small button just to the left of the winder which when pressed makes the hands move when the winder is turned.The glass and the face is spotless but there is a small dent on the back of the case .its also in its original box which has the makers name and address on the silk lining . Is this enough info to get any sort of value for it so I can inform my insurance company. Many thanks Martin

#2 OFFLINE   harryblakes7

Chronograph

• 1,429 posts
  • Joined 01-October 10
  • Interests:things that tick! Anniversary 400 day clocks is my main weakness, especially the pre war ones, watches, pocket watches and looking at old church clocks with a 6 foot pendulum!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum :welcome: sounds like a nice watch, one of the members on here called Mel helps us out with valuations :partytime: some pictures would be nice :yes:

#3 OFFLINE   Martin101

• 2 posts
  • Joined 18-February 12

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome I'm not home at the moment so online via my phone so I will get some pics posted when I get back home

#4 OFFLINE   harryblakes7

Chronograph

• 1,429 posts
  • Joined 01-October 10
  • Interests:things that tick! Anniversary 400 day clocks is my main weakness, especially the pre war ones, watches, pocket watches and looking at old church clocks with a 6 foot pendulum!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Jolly Good, watch valuations can be tricky, If it is solid gold then the value will be fairly high, have a look on ebay to see some comparable watch values, at the end of the day a watch is only worth what someone will pay for it and insurance valuations are usually 4 or 5 times the actual value of the watch in question. The value of the watch is affected by visual condition, working condition, maker, type of movement / escapement and material it is made from, hope that has given you some pointers :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users