Anyone Heard Of Renis ?

13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   harryblakes7

Chronograph

• 1,438 posts
  • Joined 01-October 10
  • Interests:things that tick! Anniversary 400 day clocks is my main weakness, especially the pre war ones, watches, pocket watches and looking at old church clocks with a 6 foot pendulum!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

Here is my Renis, i bought this because of the metal milled dial which has a purple blue centre which fades in shades as it goes out, any comments on the make or is it just a random Swiss name?
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   harryblakes7

Chronograph

• 1,438 posts
  • Joined 01-October 10
  • Interests:things that tick! Anniversary 400 day clocks is my main weakness, especially the pre war ones, watches, pocket watches and looking at old church clocks with a 6 foot pendulum!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   harryblakes7

Chronograph

• 1,438 posts
  • Joined 01-October 10

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

Just found out it's a Tissot by looking on some previous threads, thanks Paul, and errr change of subject please oooops :blush2:

#4 OFFLINE   Mechanical Alarm

Minute Repeater

• 2,542 posts
  • Joined 18-October 10
  • Interests:Mechanical (Alarm) Watches, Flyfishing, Collecting Flyfishing equipment - rods, reels, creels, etc. Old Flyfishing books, Guns, Knives, Fine Audio equipment, Old baseball cards. I tell the wife I like old stuff and she gets offended...

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:41 AM

Are you sure that's not a "P" instead of an "R"...?? Sorry... Now that would be a cool dial re-do!

Edited by Mechanical Alarm, 02 November 2010 - 04:42 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Mechanical Alarm

Minute Repeater

• 2,542 posts
  • Joined 18-October 10
  • Interests:Mechanical (Alarm) Watches, Flyfishing, Collecting Flyfishing equipment - rods, reels, creels, etc. Old Flyfishing books, Guns, Knives, Fine Audio equipment, Old baseball cards. I tell the wife I like old stuff and she gets offended...

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:48 AM

I was almost afraid to open this... then I saw your opening line, "Here is my Renis"!!

Again... sorry!

#6 OFFLINE   Mechanical Alarm

Minute Repeater

• 2,542 posts
  • Joined 18-October 10

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

This just 'brings up' so many possibilities... please..., someone stop me.

Surly, someone out there can add on... and stop calling me "Shirley" (sorry again... an old movie line).

#7 OFFLINE   Mechanical Alarm

Minute Repeater

• 2,542 posts
  • Joined 18-October 10

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

Anyone Heard Of a Renis ?

Anyone heard of a Renis? ...

Are you sure it isn't pronounced "Ray-nus? Then you could ask if anyone has heard of "your Ranis" (Like - Uranus) ... and we won't go there.

Oh Gawd... I got a million of 'em... I 'm sure someone wants to hear 'em!

(Before I get banned - this isn't nearly as bad as some of the posts for "cars and girls"), but I digress.

#8 OFFLINE   Mechanical Alarm

Minute Repeater

• 2,542 posts
  • Joined 18-October 10

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:12 AM

Harryblakes7 (Harry Renis?)

You know I'm just having a lot of fun here?! The more I think about it - I would really like to buy that from you! It would be so easy to remove the 'leg' of the "R" (Ohhh..., what I could do with this!). I could wear this to parties and ask everyone if they've seen my Renis (with a "P") as I hold my wrist out. I'm as serious as a heart attack with this request. I know, I probably won't 'get the time of day', from you now. Serious about the offer to buy.

#9 OFFLINE   GASHEAD

Chronograph

• 1,586 posts
  • Joined 27-August 09

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Another old Swiss brand. They made a great chronograph which shows up from time to time - think it's called the Flygraph... with a Valjoux movement I believe.

#10 OFFLINE   harryblakes7

Chronograph

• 1,438 posts
  • Joined 01-October 10

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

View PostMechanical Alarm, on 02 November 2010 - 05:12 AM, said:

Harryblakes7 (Harry Renis?)

You know I'm just having a lot of fun here?! The more I think about it - I would really like to buy that from you! It would be so easy to remove the 'leg' of the "R" (Ohhh..., what I could do with this!). I could wear this to parties and ask everyone if they've seen my Renis (with a "P") as I hold my wrist out. I'm as serious as a heart attack with this request. I know, I probably won't 'get the time of day', from you now. Serious about the offer to buy.
Ah, sadly it's not for sale.......but i'm glad it has given you something to smile about :) It reminds me of the old Sean connery joke about him going for a job interview, "Get there for about Ten ish tomorrow Sean" to which he replies "Tenish? i don't even have a racket!" sorry..... :)

#11 OFFLINE   harryblakes7

Chronograph

• 1,438 posts
  • Joined 01-October 10

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

View PostGASHEAD, on 02 November 2010 - 11:36 AM, said:

Another old Swiss brand. They made a great chronograph which shows up from time to time - think it's called the Flygraph... with a Valjoux movement I believe.
Thanks for the info, the pictures don't do it justice as when the sun shines the dial really dazzles....

#12 OFFLINE   Actaurus

Automatic

• 219 posts
  • Joined 22-April 10

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

Harry, if you're serious there is a Renis Flygraph/Yema on the web for sale. Just Google it and you'll find it. Unusual dial layout - for flyers I guess, as the name implies - as it has a cockpit design for the subdials. Need a few pennies though, but from looking at the dial the printed name lends itself to alteration.

#13 ONLINE   shadowninja

Chronograph

• 1,283 posts
  • Joined 14-April 09
  • Interests:Likes fiddling with bezels in quiet places. :D

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

Are you a Muff diver? I have the watch for you:

Posted Image

Edited by shadowninja, 02 November 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   Mechanical Alarm

Minute Repeater

• 2,542 posts
  • Joined 18-October 10

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

Thanx!... Now I have to clean my monitor screen after spewing coffee all over it! You really should warn a guy.

Where do I get one??!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users