Sekonda Day Date

2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ETCHY

Moon Phase

• 957 posts
  • Joined 03-August 04

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

Hello

I have an incoming 70's/ 80's Sekonda Automatic day/date with the starburst type case. I believe these have a Slava movement.

It has a small button in addition to the crown for changing (I think) the day.

Can anyone advise how this button stuff works? How do I change the day & date? Do I have to pull the crown out before pressing the button or can I do it at anytime?

Help would be appreciated as when it gets here I don't want to knacker it by doing the wrong thing :shocking:

Any general info' on these watches would also be interesting :wink:

Cheers
Dave

#2 OFFLINE   mel

Perpetual Calendar

• Member*
  • 8,646 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

I've done this answer a few times now, but yes, the button is a quick change on the date only. You use a stylus or fingernail to push this in and the date should change as the button is released. A common fault is the button sticks through lack of use so it's a good idea to exercise it now and then by using it to set the date manually!. :yes:

The day set is done by pulling out the crwon and turning - it's NOT a quickset so you have to work through the twenty four hours to get in to go over - but of course the date also goes over at midnight! :eek:

The easiest way to set day date and time on these is to use the day and time set first - so, pull out the crown and wind to correct day and then time, remembering to allow for going through mid-day if you are doing this PM. Then use the pusher to set the date to the correct one. SEEMPLES (we need a meerkat icon! :lol:)

HTH a bit. Good reliable Slava movements. :yes:

Posted Image

SLAVA Medical Watch

where the pusher is incised into the side so it cannot be seen from the front - same movement and setting procedure.

#3 OFFLINE   ETCHY

Moon Phase

• 957 posts
  • Joined 03-August 04

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

That's great, cheers for the advice & help Mel :thumbsup:

I like that Slava a lot !

Many thanks

Dave
:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users