Sinn / Mondaine Dealers In The UkWhere?

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HereBeMonsters

Automatic

• 322 posts
  • Joined 27-July 09

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

This weekend I trekked all over London looking in various watch shops for my next purchase. I'm looking to spend no more than about £600, but preferably a lot less. I have been looking at Longines Aquaracers, but think the £670 price tag is just too much unless I can shift some of my vintage Omegas in the next couple of weeks.

Happily, this means I am now looking in a lower price bracket at the Mondaine automatic:

And the Sinn 556 and 656:

Trouble is, I've only found one place that stocks the Mondaine - Austin Kaye on The Strand, London. They seemed nice enough, could possibly take one or two of my Omegas in p/ex and I do actually own an Austin Kaye watch - purchased from the For Sale section on here!

Before I take the plunge I would like to look at the Sinns though. I couldn't find the dealer in London - Jura. Spoken to their online chat and they really weren't too knowledgable. They do offer a 30 day return policy but I'd really like to do the transaction in person rather than clicking a virtual button.
Does anyone know of any dealers of Sinn or Mondaine in the South of England bar London? It's just a faff for me to get up there, costs me £40 return on the train and I can only do it every other weekend as I'm working.

Edited by pg tips, 04 November 2009 - 04:50 PM.
pics removed, prtfr

#2 OFFLINE   Jack83

Automatic

• 203 posts
  • Joined 04-August 09

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

yes i bought a Sinn from Jura earlier this year, they're nice enough guys in there... i did a bit of research and they were the only Sinn ADs i could find listed in the UK - i'm sure there must be more but i really couldn't find anyone else.

The shop is quite easy to find; it's quite a (s)wanky place with big screens everywhere... i managed to get a bit knocked off the retail price of my 6060 but not a huge amount as i couldn't really find any cheaper UK prices to bargain with.

good luck with it

#3 OFFLINE   Brighty

Automatic

• 200 posts
  • Joined 25-July 08

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

As far as i know the only UK Sinn AD other than Jura is Chronomaster, who is web only.

Brighty

#4 OFFLINE   Toshi

Minute Repeater

• 3,762 posts
  • Joined 31-August 07

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

View PostBrighty, on 26 October 2009 - 04:40 PM, said:

Chronomaster, who is web only.

Neal at Chronomaster will meet you by appointment if you contact him, but he isn't in the South of England. You are correct though that Jura and Chronomaster are the only UK ADs for Sinn watches

#5 OFFLINE   HereBeMonsters

Automatic

• 322 posts
  • Joined 27-July 09

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

View PostToshi, on 26 October 2009 - 04:48 PM, said:

View PostBrighty, on 26 October 2009 - 04:40 PM, said:

Chronomaster, who is web only.

Neal at Chronomaster will meet you by appointment if you contact him, but he isn't in the South of England. You are correct though that Jura and Chronomaster are the only UK ADs for Sinn watches

Cheers. Feared as much!

Any idea on any other Mondaine dealers?

#6 OFFLINE   Loddonite

Automatic

• 130 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Interests:Watches, Pens, Camera, Beer, Dog...

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

UK dealers are listed on Mondaine's website (mondaine.com), under Store Locator - When you choose "United Kingdom" do not be put off when you get shown the distributors details - select "all" states, then you'll get a list of towns.

#7 OFFLINE   pinkwindmill

Chronograph

• 1,562 posts
  • Joined 17-August 06
  • Interests:Watches, cars and target rifle shooting.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

I think Austin Kaye in the Strand are Mondaine dealers.

Cheers,

Guy :)

#8 OFFLINE   HereBeMonsters

Automatic

• 322 posts
  • Joined 27-July 09

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

View PostLoddonite, on 26 October 2009 - 05:20 PM, said:

UK dealers are listed on Mondaine's website (mondaine.com), under Store Locator - When you choose "United Kingdom" do not be put off when you get shown the distributors details - select "all" states, then you'll get a list of towns.

Ah, brilliant! Thanks for that, the site is really badly designed!

Found a dealer in my hometown - in fact in a shop I never even knew existed. Called them, they have the one I want in stock, will pay them a visit later in the week... :thumbup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users