Formula 1 (the Infamous F1 Thread)

2089 replies to this topic

#991 OFFLINE   Griff

Tourbillon

• 11,992 posts
  • Joined 23-February 03
  • Interests:Books, maps, RSPB, clay pigeon shooter, karate, driving, walking, touring, travel.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:37 PM

The outcome has upset former world champion Damon Hill, who has accused F1's race stewards of exercising double standards.

He feels McLaren have been on the wrong side of FIA decisions on more than one occasion this season while other teams have escaped censure.

"It does get quite difficult to see where the consistency lies," Hill told Radio 5live.

Edited by Griff, 22 October 2007 - 12:39 PM.

#992 OFFLINE   hakim

Chronograph

• 1,292 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

On track, the racing has been fantastic.

Off the track, it all seems like another episode of "Hustle" with McLaren getting smiley-faces-85.gif in the end by Ferrari, Max and Alonso the wanker.gif
Really pathetic! sad.gif

Plus points for Lewis keeping his cool and Kimi for keeping his head down and doing the biz!

Edited by hakim, 22 October 2007 - 01:39 PM.

#993 OFFLINE   rhaythorne

Minute Repeater

• Member*
  • 4,223 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

Griff said:
The outcome has upset former world champion Damon Hill

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind biggrin.gif

#994 OFFLINE   Griff

Tourbillon

• 11,992 posts
  • Joined 23-February 03
  • Interests:Books, maps, RSPB, clay pigeon shooter, karate, driving, walking, touring, travel.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

And also all those who think the whole sport is biased and skewed to the interests of Ferrari

#995 OFFLINE   rhaythorne

Minute Repeater

• Member*
  • 4,223 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

All three of you?

#996 OFFLINE   Griff

Tourbillon

• 11,992 posts
  • Joined 23-February 03

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

Everthing is all fair and square then..............isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! taz.gif

#997 OFFLINE   Robert

Minute Repeater

• 4,038 posts
  • Joined 26-July 06

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Griff @ Oct 22 2007, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The outcome has upset former world champion Damon Hill, who has accused F1's race stewards of exercising double standards.

He feels McLaren have been on the wrong side of FIA decisions on more than one occasion this season while other teams have escaped censure.

"It does get quite difficult to see where the consistency lies," Hill told Radio 5live.

I would imagine he has to say that, being President of the BRDC. Obviously going to stick up for British drivers.

#998 ONLINE   jasonm

Equation of Time

• 23,305 posts
  • Joined 22-November 03
  • Interests:Anything with a pulse....

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

Here is what the fuel irregularities thing is all about...
No way will an appeal win...
Article 6.5.5 of the Formula 1 technical regulations states: “No fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature.”

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer reported that the fuel samples from all four cars showed temperatures 12-14C lower than the ambient at the time.

But the stewards said they could not be certain the temperatures were outside the 10C limit due to conflicting evidence.

They pointed to a discrepancy between the ambient temperature recorded on the Formula One Management timing monitors and that provided by the FIA and team-contracted meteorologists Meteo France – and said there was no “regulation stating in clear terms that for the purposes of Article 6.5.5 the definitive ambient temperature shall be indicated on the FOM timing monitors alone”.

They also said they lacked “a precise reading of the temperature of ‘fuel on board the car’ which shows fuel at more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature”.

Their statement concluded: “In view of the matters referred to above, the stewards consider that…there must be sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel actually ‘on board the car’ and also as to the true ambient temperature as to render it inappropriate to impose a penalty”.

#999 OFFLINE   JoT

Atomic Clock

• 26,125 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03
  • Interests:Watches, Rugby, Industrial History

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(jasonm @ Oct 22 2007, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is what the fuel irregularities thing is all about...
No way will an appeal win...
Article 6.5.5 of the Formula 1 technical regulations states: “No fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature.”

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer reported that the fuel samples from all four cars showed temperatures 12-14C lower than the ambient at the time.

But the stewards said they could not be certain the temperatures were outside the 10C limit due to conflicting evidence.

They pointed to a discrepancy between the ambient temperature recorded on the Formula One Management timing monitors and that provided by the FIA and team-contracted meteorologists Meteo France – and said there was no “regulation stating in clear terms that for the purposes of Article 6.5.5 the definitive ambient temperature shall be indicated on the FOM timing monitors alone”.

They also said they lacked “a precise reading of the temperature of ‘fuel on board the car’ which shows fuel at more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature”.

Their statement concluded: “In view of the matters referred to above, the stewards consider that…there must be sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel actually ‘on board the car’ and also as to the true ambient temperature as to render it inappropriate to impose a penalty”.

How convenient nono.gif

#1000 OFFLINE   Robert

Minute Repeater

• 4,038 posts
  • Joined 26-July 06

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

I guess that rule will be clarified before next season then ....

#1001 OFFLINE   unlcky alf

Chronograph

• 1,500 posts
  • Joined 19-November 06

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

I have absolutely nothing to contribute, I just wanted to be the one to knock the number of replies over into 4 figures tongue2.gif

Sorry "New member"..... ph34r.gif

#1002 OFFLINE   pg tips

Equation of Time

• Retired Moderator
  • 18,651 posts
  • Joined 16-May 03
  • Interests:mainly milf really

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:48 PM

well done Robert, the 1,000th post in the thread! biggrin.gif and alf for the 1001st ph34r.gif

The rules are bloody stupid aren't they?

Mind you Kimi did win in Australia with an illegal floor pan but wasn't deducted any points

the whole f1 hierarchy stinks, it's about time there was a root and branch clear out, a complete revision of the rules and a ban on Ferrari ph34r.gif

#1003 OFFLINE   unlcky alf

Chronograph

• 1,500 posts
  • Joined 19-November 06

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(pg tips @ Oct 22 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well done Robert, the 1,000th post in the thread! biggrin.gif and alf for the 1001st ph34r.gif

B****cks, didnt notice, that'll teach me to answer the phone halfway through writing a post.

Can I demand a inquiry? oh hang on, I'm not Ferrari, so the odds would be stacked against me from the start laugh.gif

#1004 OFFLINE   JoT

Atomic Clock

• 26,125 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03
  • Interests:Watches, Rugby, Industrial History

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

I am sorry guys but I still don't get the appeal of F1 .... Champ/Indy racing is better ..... the cars are only a few seconds slower than F1 and given they are 400lbs heavier it isn't bad going. A team will spend less than 10% of an equivalent F1 team, the racing is close and on an oval circuit very fast.

With a bit of luck Champ and Indy will get back together again in a couple of years and I am sure then it will be able to take on F1 which has become so tedious. This years Indy champion and Indy 500 winner is Dario Franchitti from Bathgate in Scotland, in 2005 it was Englishman Dan Wheldon.

Whilst looking for an Indy clip I came across this bit of amateur footage of the start of the Indy 500 in 2007, it really made me smile, check out the little kid from about 1'05" when he catches sight of the cars biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuisB1i8Q7Y

#1005 ONLINE   jasonm

Equation of Time

• 23,305 posts
  • Joined 22-November 03
  • Interests:Anything with a pulse....

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:04 AM

I love watching Indy on race circuits, ovals bore me biggrin.gif ...But on proper tracks its like old style F1 tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users