#1 OFFLINE   pg tips

Equation of Time

• Retired Moderator
  • 18,651 posts
  • Joined 16-May 03
  • Interests:mainly milf really

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:08 AM

RLT Watch Co. - Automatic RLT 5 price £125

Movement : 17 Jewel Automatic Wind ETA 2824-2 with quick set date.
Watch case : 36mm All steel case with screw on display back. Mineral glass front and back.
Dial: Available in white or black with calendar. Super luminova on all three hands.
Band: 18mm Leather.

These watches are assembled by ourselves, in England, from all Swiss parts. They are tested and adjusted to keep time to Chronometer standards.

Brand new in box with 12 Months warranty.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Review by Forum member Traveller

Just received the white dial version of RLT Watch (RLT5).
The dial is very legible, simple, uncluttered and easy to read. The only script being "RLT Watch Co., England." What more is needed?
The black numerals are crisp and clear 1 -12, with 3 being replaced by a square date window. The luminosity of the hands appears excellent but only tested in shaded subdued light. Only the tip of the second hand is luminous.
The case is a combination of matt and polished stainless steel.
The lugs curve slightly enabling the watch to sit comfortably on the wrist. 36mm may not suit all but I think for this watch just the right diameter.
The fitted antique brown leather strap complements the watch well, a steel bracelet, in my opinion, would be unsuitable.
A display back, I think mineral glass same as crystal, maybe not everyones cup of tea, shows the 17 jewel ETA automatic wind movement to good effect.
All in all a nice package and recommended for it's straightforward, honest simplicity.

Comments by Forum member Andy

Roy has surpassed himself with this, his first creation.
I mean there isn't a lot you can say.
It's a superbly made, legible, elegant and classy Hi Beat automatic wrist watch that does "exactly what it says on the tin"
I agree with the above comment that a leather strap suits it.
Roy has fitted a quality, padded white stitched leather strap that compliments and finishes the whole package off nicely.
The only thing that it doesn't have, which I believe would have made a classy looking watch look a million dollars, is a date bubble.
Nice one Roy and look forward to your next creation

Picture of a white dial "5" on a bond nato By forum member JoT

Posted Image

Edited by pg tips, 19 January 2004 - 10:31 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   equis

Manual Wind

• 53 posts
  • Joined 08-March 08

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

thanks

#3 OFFLINE   rcspeedmaster

Manual Wind

• 62 posts
  • Joined 30-April 08

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

Great review. Thanks.
There seems to be very little discussion about this nice little watch. Personally I admire it's un-pretentious-ness (if that's even a word).
I've got one which I wear most days. I like it best on a grey nato which gives it a slightly '50s RAF feel.
A much under-rated watch. Think I'll post some pictures soon.

#4 OFFLINE   rcspeedmaster

Manual Wind

• 62 posts
  • Joined 30-April 08

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

BTW I notice the recent watch hs a black second hand and a cleaner typeface for the RLT logo.
Even better.

#5 OFFLINE   SeattleMike

Automatic

• 120 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

I received my new black dialed RLT5 last week and just love it. I cant think of anything I'd change, Its a very classic design, the dial is simple, clean, businesslike.
I love the size I think its absolutely the correct size at 36mm for this design. The case is beautiful with a flawless finish, the display back is nice and shows off the movement well.
If I was going to criticize anything it would be that the pictures on the sales site don't do it justice at all.

#6 OFFLINE   rcspeedmaster

Manual Wind

• 62 posts
  • Joined 30-April 08

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

I agree about the photos on the RLT site. Here's one, not brilliant either, but I think nice to see the RLT5 in relation to some other classics.

#7 OFFLINE   hikingcamping

Automatic

• 346 posts
  • Joined 27-April 08

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

I like 40mm+ watches, had a 37mm Seiko and it just didn't look right on me, never really set eyes on anything smaller than 40mm since.

Saw this RLT5 on sale, thought I will give it a go after reading this review, arrived a few days ago, wasn't impressed with the size, then put a grey Nato on, wow!

This is a nice watch, everything about it is true, I love it! rltb.gif

#8 OFFLINE   sjb

Automatic

• 120 posts
  • Joined 20-December 06
  • Interests:Cars,Football,(Saints)Watches.In no particular order.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

I have my RLT5 for a few months now,an excellent watch,keeping very good time. rltb.gif

#9 OFFLINE   mach 0.0013137

Atomic Clock

• 28,668 posts
  • Joined 10-January 05

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (pg tips @ Jan 19 2004, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing that it doesn't have, which I believe would have made a classy looking watch look a million dollars, is a date bubble.

You weren`t wrong Paul tongue.gif

Edited by mach 0.0013137, 04 September 2008 - 05:43 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   pg tips

Equation of Time

• Retired Moderator
  • 18,651 posts
  • Joined 16-May 03
  • Interests:mainly milf really

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

I can't remember saying that so I had to re read and am glad to say i didn't say it, it was Andy! tongue2.gif

#11 OFFLINE   mach 0.0013137

Atomic Clock

• 28,668 posts
  • Joined 10-January 05

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (pg tips @ Sep 8 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't remember saying that so I had to re read and am glad to say i didn't say it, it was Andy! tongue2.gif

Amazing, Andy actually got something right?!!! swoon.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users