#1 OFFLINE   pg tips

Equation of Time

• 18,651 posts
  • Joined 16-May 03
  • Interests:mainly milf really

Posted 19 January 2004 - 09:49 AM

RLT Watch Co. - RLT 6 Quartz Military Style price £45

Movement : ETA Quartz
Watch case : 37mm (Inc. Crown Guard) All steel case with screw on back. Mineral glass.
Dial: Black with calendar and luminous figures. Super luminova on all three hands.
Band: 18mm Nylon NATO Strap.

Brand new in box with 24 Months Mechanical warranty.

Here's Forum Member Stan's Review of the "6"

Well, here it is! The all new RLT 6 quartz military style watch.

Posted Image

The first thing that will happen is people trying to compare this watch with the redoubtable CWC G10. That would be unfair on all levels apart from appearance.
The G10 was made to fulfil the needs of the Armed Forces and would, no doubt, have cost the MOD a small fortune when procured.

The RLT6 is a military style quartz watch for public consumption and should be judged as such, so I will.

The dial is very similar to other mil style watches, easy to read with clean numerals and hands. The hands are a little wider than the CWC’s and so are easier to see. The date aperture is at 3 o’clock. A flat mineral crystal is fitted to the watch as standard.

The case is stainless steel with a brushed finish to add to the military appearance of the watch, the crown is heavily protected by the case as the photographs show. The watch back is screw on, also in steel.

My sample came fitted with a USA oiled leather strap.

Quartz will cause different emotions in different people. I don’t have a problem with quartz and this movement will have come from a major manufacturer and will be as accurate as is expected of such a movement. I don’t know if it is jewelled or if that is really significant.

So what is it like, you ask.

Worth every sodding penny of £45! It looks really well on my wrist and is a perfect size for me. I can make out the hands even with my specs off, that’s a bonus for me. If the lume stays bright all night I will be able to see the hands in bed ( I don’t wear specs in bed which is a good thing these days).

The RLT6 is a very practical, good value for money wristwatch that many companies would sell at twice this price.

It looks well made and attractive on the leather strap but would also look equally good on a Nato.

Not an expensive watch, not a large or imposing watch but one that will find many friends amongst the watch loving public (us).

The manufacturer should be proud of this one too.

Posted Image

Stan

Posted Image

Edited by pg tips, 19 January 2004 - 11:01 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   Griff

Tourbillon

• 11,992 posts
  • Joined 23-February 03
  • Interests:Books, maps, RSPB, clay pigeon shooter, karate, driving, walking, touring, travel.

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:52 AM

The quartz movement is an ETA, but it is not jewelled.
The informed opinion is that it is the electronics that pack in when a quartz movement goes down, not the moving parts, so the fact of not having jewelled moving components isn't the disaster as may be envisaged by some. Also, as the movements are one a second, there is hardly any wear incurred by comparison to a mechanical movement, so again, the omission of jewels is of secondary importance in preference to the reliability of the non moving electronic component of the watch.
It is hoped that being an ETA, the electronic element will be reliable, well proven, and tested.

Edited by Griff, 19 January 2004 - 10:53 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Garry

Chronograph

• Member*
  • 1,802 posts
  • Joined 25-February 03
  • Interests:Guitars, Aircraft, Flying, Watches, Music, Motorbikes, guns, knives, survival techniques, computers, Hi - Fi. Bloody hell !!, too many hobbies!!!!!

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:58 PM

Ok,

Convinced, just ordered one on an RLT Flieger........ B)

#4 OFFLINE   Garry

Chronograph

• Member*
  • 1,802 posts
  • Joined 25-February 03
  • Interests:Guitars, Aircraft, Flying, Watches, Music, Motorbikes, guns, knives, survival techniques, computers, Hi - Fi. Bloody hell !!, too many hobbies!!!!!

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:59 PM

........so the zero jewelled Miyota's can't be that bad then Griff.... :D .... ;)

#5 OFFLINE   Griff

Tourbillon

• 11,992 posts
  • Joined 23-February 03
  • Interests:Books, maps, RSPB, clay pigeon shooter, karate, driving, walking, touring, travel.

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:22 PM

Depends on your point of view!!! B)

#6 OFFLINE   Garry

Chronograph

• Member*
  • 1,802 posts
  • Joined 25-February 03

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:24 PM

Just winding you up, you old " bugger ".......... :) ......... ;)

#7 OFFLINE   Griff

Tourbillon

• 11,992 posts
  • Joined 23-February 03

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:32 PM

I know.........it's cool man cool!!!! B) :D

#8 OFFLINE   Stan

Equation of Time

• Retired Moderator
  • 15,738 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:52 PM

That's why I like this place, you bunch of buggers (or whatever the plural is). :lol: :lol:

#9 OFFLINE   Griff

Tourbillon

• 11,992 posts
  • Joined 23-February 03

Posted 20 January 2004 - 03:37 PM

Do buggeroos come in twos
And buggerees in threes :o

#10 OFFLINE   Stan

Equation of Time

• Retired Moderator
  • 15,738 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:05 AM

Griff,

I'm not sure. :blink:

Perhaps the plural is a "shame" or a "pride" dependant on your view point?

I might stick with a "bunch". :lol: :lol:

It fits, at least in this honourable place. ;)

#11 OFFLINE   Garry

Chronograph

• Member*
  • 1,802 posts
  • Joined 25-February 03

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:08 AM

Stan is the first to sell a watch for Roy due to his review, with a bit of help from the PG....... ;)

#12 OFFLINE   Stan

Equation of Time

• Retired Moderator
  • 15,738 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:34 AM

Well,

What do you expect? PG is a member of a very illustrious club. ;)

Garry, you founded it and picked the members well. No so daft, are you? ;) :) B)

#13 OFFLINE   Garry

Chronograph

• Member*
  • 1,802 posts
  • Joined 25-February 03

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:39 PM

Why thank you Stanley...... ;)

#14 OFFLINE   pg tips

Equation of Time

• 18,651 posts
  • Joined 16-May 03
  • Interests:mainly milf really

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

When you get yours please post your comments Garry.

#15 OFFLINE   Garry

Chronograph

• Member*
  • 1,802 posts
  • Joined 25-February 03

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

Will do PG.

I'm collecting it at 07:30 tomorrow morning on the way to work. I'll put it on right away and it's first job will be to survive a day of installation work at Gatwick Airport.

It's then got to survive a 3 week installation in Chichester and a five week installation in Edmonton north London.

Believe me, if a watch can survive my installation work for more than 6-12 months, then it's a toughy.

Best so far has been a Citizen automatic ( 10 years..... :o ), then a Pulsar 100m chronograph - nearly four years.

I'm wearing a Seiko 5 from Roy at the moment, which is still ok, but I need a change sometimes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users