• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Thomasr

Cartier owners club

Thomasr    549

I'll start although it's a ladies watch

2014 tank solo

F59F6A0E-6851-48EC-8CC8-08471AB97D1A_zpsAny others out there? 

Edited by Thomasr
  • Like 1

rhaythorne    651

Yep, here's mine.  According to the papers, the original owner bought it from a duty free shop at Kuwait International Airport in 2005: 

Cartier Tank Francaise:
cartier_tank_francaise.jpg

Cartier Caliber 120 Movement:
cartier120_eta2100-1.jpg

Mine is in desperate need of some TLC though.  I haven't plucked up the courage to get it serviced yet as no doubt it'll cost hundreds of pounds.

• Like 1

Thomasr    549

ill follow the pattern we seem to have made, 

1998 Tank Française Chronoreflex, 

4F068754-6A04-4D9C-A6CB-C7D835076758_zps

Anyone got a tank Americaine?

• Like 1

AVO    3,265
3 hours ago, deano1956 said:

afraid it is not a tank but it will make our numbers up, not at the top end of the make but I always wanted to say I have a cartier call me shallow!:laugh: its a a solo ronde

IMG_20160214_143311.jpg

FTFY.

And bloody lovely it is. Let's be shallow together! :laugh:

PS. Hope you took the plastic off!

Edited by AVO

AVO    3,265

You have more willpower than I, Deano. Mine has been worn every day since I got it – eight days without wearing another watch!:yes: 

deano1956    2,900

hey AVO

its not because I don't want to wear it, I work from home so no reason to wear to work as such, and after a long time waiting to afford one . I would like it to be a special occasion first time out, unfortunately I don't do the opera or get invited to celb parties :laugh: so it will have to be family birthday or something like that.

deano

• Like 1

AVO    3,265

I hope something nice comes around soon because in your position, imposing that restriction on myself, I would be crawling up the walls.:laugh:

Although I will obviously wear a nice watch for a special occasion, I don't save them for that purpose – I just wear them fairly indiscriminately.  My restrictions tend to be that I wouldn't put a decent watch in the way of gardening, decorating  &c.,  and I certainly wouldn't wear a diver with anything smart.  Apart from that, pretty much anything goes. 

deano1956    2,900

peixian

do you mean mine "although it is a lady watch "?, true  cartier did a ladies in a smaller size, this is a 42 mm version mens watch, describe by cartier themselfs

Cartier Ronde Solo Men's Watch Item No. W6701011 

Stainless steel case with a stainless steel bracelet. Fixed stainless steel bezel. Silver dial with blue steel hands and Roman numeral hour markers. 24 hour (GMT) markings. Minute markers around a center ring. Dial Type: Analog. Date display at the 3 o'clock position. Automatic movement with 42 hour power reserve. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Synthetic spinel cabachon crown. Solid case back. Case diameter: 42 mm. Case thickness: 8.36 mm. Round case shape. Band width: 21.6 mm. Band length: 8 inches. Hidden folding clasp. Water resistant at 30 meters / 100 feet. Functions: date, hour, minute, second. Dress watch style. Cartier Ronde Solo Mens Watch W6701011.

deano

Daveyboyz    2,810

I have been out of the club for a while but I made a purchase today (discussion will be on separate thread) a yellow gold Pasha.

20160503_143248_zpsw6nu6qzs.jpg

Edited by Daveyboyz

Thomasr    549
On 3 May 2016 at 14:51, Daveyboyz said:

I have been out of the club for a while but I made a purchase today (discussion will be on separate thread) a yellow gold Pasha.

20160503_143248_zpsw6nu6qzs.jpg

Do you have a grill bit for this?

• Like 1

Daveyboyz    2,810

No I don't... I did wonder if those little notches inside the glass were for a grill... and whether the other watch they had (£500 more) also had the notches...

Daveyboyz    2,810
39 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

No I don't... I did wonder if those little notches inside the glass were for a grill... and whether the other watch they had (£500 more) also had the notches...in actual fact I will give them a phone call tomorrow...not entirely sure they have been straight with me since the original photo of the watch doesn't appear to have the notches...

Thomasr    549
9 hours ago, Daveyboyz said:

I'll have a look at the serial in the system to make sure all else is ok

Daveyboyz    2,810

I went back to the shop and asked the to get out the other watch (one the same with the papers) and asked if they could see any differences between them.  There was lots of head scratching, but when I pointed out the notches to take the grill they were very apologetic and swapped the watch over for the watch with papers... Actually when I got home I noticed there was a little play in hinged piece that attaches the cover over the crown so the watch is still not perfect but it will do.

20160505_124635_zpsuikttsrc.jpg20160505_124654_zpsh0mevbfn.jpg

Thomasr    549

Keep them coming, i'll go next, Cartier 21 Chronoscaph XXL

80D90827-6CBD-4177-B858-7E6E715CE4E8_zps

Edited by Thomasr

Matthew999    30

IMG_20151225_1212002.jpg

Good to see.

I've had my Ballon Bleu for a few years now and still really like it.

Had better add the Ronde Solo too as it was one of my first watches and I still love it.

IMG_20140404_154510.jpg

Edited by Matthew999
  • Like 4