• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
wotsch

Modding a Vostok Amphibia - resources, tips and tricks

Draygo    1,617

23 minutes ago, Krispy said:

No issues with the crown / bezel getting in each other's way on the 710 and does the crystal still sit proud of the bezel?

I have one of your brushed 710 cases - it's a real improvement on the original.  Did you ever post how you did it? (sorry for being lazy and not searching :blush:)

Plenty of clearance between crown and bezel :thumbsup:  but the crystal doesn't sit proud. 

Brushing is a careful application of Scotchbrite green scourer in a uniform direction, achieved by cutting a disc of it and attaching to a Dremel-type tool, then a gentle polish afterwards to even it out slightly. Photo shows the Scotchbrite in the 'after' condition (it was a neat disc 'before')!

8AF2AEDD-572F-4A78-A5F0-DF45944994C6_zps

Oh, and apologies to Wotsch - I posted this on the wrong thread really. It was meant to be on the general Mods thread, not your Resources thread. Sorry.

Edited by Draygo
Apologising

Lampoc    478
35 minutes ago, alexsem said:

My Vostok Amphibia mod  in 710 body, with new bezel and insert  and with leather strap.

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. I like the strap - can I ask where you got it from?