• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
LÜM-TEC

Hello from LÜM-TEC

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new LUM-TEC forum.

Hoping to bring you news and pics of our watches, and would really appreciate your opinions and questions. Thanks Roy for having us :thumbsup:

file_19_5.jpg?gl=GB

• Like 2

Hoping to bring you news and pics of our watches, and would really appreciate your opinions and questions. Thanks Roy for having us :thumbsup:

Glad to have you here, I love the bronze ones. Got a thing for bronze and brass and the moment :) 

Looks very nice, I think we have a member on here with a few. Ive seen them on the WRUW threads. Welcome.:yes:

file_19_5.jpg?gl=GB

Sizes please? Great font & blue/white combination, lovely looking watch BTW!!!

Cheers Martin 

Looks very nice, I think we have a member on here with a few. Ive seen them on the WRUW threads. Welcome.:yes:

Hi Nigel - that's me. I am the UK dealer for LUM-TEC and Roy kindly invited me to start the LUM-TEC section. In the interest of transparency I was just writing a post to explain to anyone who didn't already know, but you've "outed" me :yahoo:  

• Like 3

file_19_5.jpg?gl=GB

Sizes please? Great font & blue/white combination, lovely looking watch BTW!!!

Cheers Martin 

Thanks Martin. Comes in 40mm and 45mm and there's also a black PVD version. The 40mm sits great on my 7" wrist.

Hi Nigel - that's me. I am the UK dealer for LUM-TEC and Roy kindly invited me to start the LUM-TEC section. In the interest of transparency I was just writing a post to explain to anyone who didn't already know, but you've "outed" me :yahoo:  

Sorry mate I seem to have a knack of treading on peoples toes at the moment good luck with the venture:yes:

Sorry mate I seem to have a knack of treading on peoples toes at the moment good luck with the venture:yes:

Hey, no worries - I'm pleased you remembered my watches :)

• Like 1

Guest Bruce

Welcome to the forum - I like that :thumbsup: What movement do they use & can you give us a ball park figure for price please? 

:) 

+1 please

Welcome to the forum - I like that :thumbsup: What movement do they use & can you give us a ball park figure for price please? 

:) 

Thank you. It's one of my favourites.

£529 delivered. Full specs here:

40mm width excluding crown.
22mm lug width.
14.75mm thickness.
Weight on rubber strap: 4.1oz / 117g.
Weight on steel bracelet: 7.5oz / 214g.
316L stainless steel.
Uni-directional 60-click rotating luminous bezel with sapphire insert.
Alternating brushed and high polished finish.
21,600 BPH Sii NH35 Japan automatic movement with hacking and handwinding features.
Sapphire crystal with clear double side anti-reflective coating.
Threaded solid stainless steel caseback.
LUM-TEC MDV Technology®. (2-tone)
Screw lock crown with double diamond sealing system.
300 Meters / 990 ft. water resistance.
2 straps included: Stainless steel bracelet with special ratcheting diver's extension and molded rubber.
2 year warranty.

• Like 2

I've a question for Lum Tec. I live in Thailand and regularly see your watches at places like Central Dept. Store and Siam Paragon in Bangkok, as well as at watch fairs, including where I live in Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima). But jumping on Roy's point about the bronze watches, I've yet to see one here. How is it agreed what watches should go where, bearing in mind that the stores above are tourist magnets for folk from all over the World, as well as Thais. 

Guest Bruce

I've a question for Lum Tec. I live in Thailand and regularly see your watches at places like Central Dept. Store and Siam Paragon in Bangkok, as well as at watch fairs, including where I live in Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima). But jumping on Roy's point about the bronze watches, I've yet to see one here. How is it agreed what watches should go where, bearing in mind that the stores above are tourist magnets for folk from all over the World, as well as Thais. 

just a thought, but would the increase in verdigris in a hot climate be detrimental to seals? just wondering :yes:

I had to look up 'verdigris'! :biggrin:

My Armida brass diver is fine - in and out of the water. But that's only in a shallow sea / swimming pool.

Hi Caller. It's totally the choice of each individual dealer as to which models they stock, but it's also very easy for a dealer to order in a watch for a customer.

• Like 1

Guest Bruce

I had to look up 'verdigris'! :biggrin:

My Armida brass diver is fine - in and out of the water. But that's only in a shallow sea / swimming pool.

:thumbsup:

Hi Caller. It's totally the choice of each individual dealer as to which models they stock, but it's also very easy for a dealer to order in a watch for a customer.

Thanks for that answer and food for thought. I like brass / bronze, I'll look more closely when funds allow.

As a world renowned being (ive a birth certificate and everything,  im famous.. ) i would suggest that it woukd be very much within your business interests ti ship me some review samples pronto hehe.  All of them. 

In return i can offer you a glowing recommendation and one swell asian inspired sea bream recipe :D 

Gotta spend money to make money :partytime:

I just looked at Roys thread that got you involved here. The other thing I do notice in Thailand is that pretty much all the watches I've seen of yours are quartz, whereas the majority of what you make are automatic. Part of the fun at looking at watches here (meaning Thailand, as I'm currently in the UK), is the frustration of knowing what the brand does have to offer - I'd taken my eye of the ball with Lum-Tec - and comparing it to what they have. Horses for courses and all that.