• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

RLT 20 Year Anniversary Watch

Roy    5,545

Just bought back this rare 20 year anniversary watch from 2007, its mint and unworn. I only made 20 pieces one for each year.

20year.thumb.jpg.b53a66b789af411ce4729e1

• Like 3

mach 0.0013137    11,822

Great catch,Roy, I bet you`re chuffed to have one back in your collection :biggrin:

Have you started thinking what you might do in 2017? :tongue:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

ESL    182

Looks nice Roy.

Got anything planned for a 2017 30th anniversary watch? With 18 months to plan and deliver it may fly. Maybe with a deposit to secure  your commitment to the project and fund some of the development outlay (and our commitment to purchase, of course).

Far be it for me to suggest an Earlybird clone...

apm101    921

Cool bananas, very classy!

A 30th anniversary watch would be awesome. I'd vote for a military style, SS case, cream dial a bit like an Explorer, date, 40mm. Sort of a cross between an RLT 54, a Speedbird and a Rolex Explorer. Swiss auto, maybe a Sellita? Super engineer or oyster bracelet. 

Or whatever you fancy. I'm sure you'd see deposits from the forum, no doubt.

PC-Magician    2,712

Cool bananas, very classy!

A 30th anniversary watch would be awesome. I'd vote for a military style, SS case, cream dial a bit like an Explorer, date, 40mm. Sort of a cross between an RLT 54, a Speedbird and a Rolex Explorer. Swiss auto, maybe a Sellita? Super engineer or oyster bracelet. 

Or whatever you fancy. I'm sure you'd see deposits from the forum, no doubt.

Sounds a good idea to me.

Super engineer bracelet and Sellita movement, are very good idea.

deepreddave    555

Great idea re a 30th anniv watch. I'm not a fan of 24hr watches bit if persistence won the day then I'd be pleased for those who have indeed persisted with the pleas for an earlybird. 

Barreti    0

I have one of these. 1/20

Its worn occasionally but not often as I want to keep it nice.

It does seem a bit odd that the creator should be buying back his own stuff. Odd but I like it :-)

Bareges    0

Still got mine but it gets far more box time than wrist time as I don't want to get it damaged. Have to agree they are gorgeous

Davey P    6,444
On 7/20/2015 at 14:34, Barreti said:

It does seem a bit odd that the creator should be buying back his own stuff. Odd but I like it :-)

Roy is quite clearly the worst.... businessman.... ever!  :laughing2dw:

:rltrlt:

Karrusel    7,710
11 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Roy is quite clearly the worst.... businessman.... ever!  :laughing2dw:

:laugh:

Or possibly very shrewd :yes:

George Daniels bought back one of his creations, look what they go for for now.....if you can locate one.

Similarly, Patek regularly buy back their older creations for their museum.

Edited by Karrusel

Davey P    6,444
3 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

George Daniels bought back one of his creations, look what they go for for now.....if you can locate one.

I never did like that George Daniels.  And his wife Debbie McGee is annoying as well :laughing2dw:

Karrusel    7,710
1 minute ago, Davey P said:

I never did like that George Daniels.  And his wife Debbie McGee is annoying as well :laughing2dw:

Do I like her ?

Not a lot.

:tongue:

RWP    15,533

It's home again Roy.  I got all excited, I thought it was a raffle.  I was going to pay a few Bob to have Davey P kidnapped for a couple of weeks :)

Nice one :thumbsup:

Roy    5,545

This is an old thread the watch was sold ages ago :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Roy said:

This is an old thread the watch was sold ages ago :laugh:

So you sold it, bought it back (having failed to keep one of your own creations), and have now sold it on again........... I hope you made a few quid between buying it back and selling it on  :thumbsup:

I know "profit" is a dirty word on the forum, but sometimes you've got to make exceptions.

Edited by Big Bad Boris
  • Like 1

I've got one of these tucked away that I've been thinking of selling. Just got far too many pieces in the collection at the moment. No idea on value though, as I can't remember how much I paid for it, it was that long ago!