UK Watch Forum banner

Rolex Owners' Club

30K views 88 replies 66 participants last post by  antjrice 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The one everyone hates
:biggrin:

://s255.photobucket.com/user/rmcb20...t.com/albums/hh132/rmcb2007/image-4.jpg[/IMG]

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
My pair...

ROLEX Air-King 14000, cal.3000 27 jewels 1991

Rolex-DSC_0043.jpg~original

ROLEX SUBMARINER 14060 cal. 3000 27 jewels, 1997

Rolex-DSC_0005.jpg~original

I really could do with another link on the Air-King as the bracelet is a wee bit snug.

Reactions: martinzx
#8 ·
I like the bezel on the air king. Reminds me of my datejust bezel which I loved. Sadly both datejusts had to go when I could no longer tell the time without putting my reading glasses on. I miss their understated class 9well not so much the bimetallic which wasn't so understated.

I'd like a white gold sub I think, The blue dial looks good with the white gold.

#12 ·
Pie Pan now given to my Son on his wedding day

faceup.jpg

The one I kept for myself, this was before I sent it recently for a service

datejust1977.jpg

Something unusual for evening wear

celliniwristsmall.jpg

The one that is always just ready to go

onthewrist.jpg

Ashamed to say I have not got a close up pic of the YM.......then again I want to sell it anyway..........(it's in the middle :biggrin: )

watch%20boxes_zpspbxpnqux.jpg

There are a couple of others also........somewhere........in the middle of packing up to move soon, should find them I hope!

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
My first Rolex here... took some long consideration. I like the Explorer above, thought an air king was possible... was more drawn to old bubble backs but wasn't sure on the small sizes, thought a datejust might be most sensible... then threw all my considerations out for this 1924 9ct manual wind. With my other watches being round I needed something with corners, and cool to have something a bit obscure.

20160720_105111_zps2eeg5ttt.jpg

image3_zpsz0t9t17a.jpg
image2_zpsboowwgdj.jpg

#16 ·
Now that is lovely, I didn't go quite that far but decided to get a solid gold Rolly........the only type that are affordable to me :laugh:

URL]
celliniwristbig.jpg

Well I think it is classy......

#19 ·
I like it for that very reason. :thumbsup:
It looks a lot less cluttered but I lost count of the amount of times I looked at it for the date. I guess you don't notice how much you miss something until it's gone. That sounds a bit deep.

I sold this yesterday and had a replacement lined up (1991-16610) but by the time I got the shop I spotted it in, it had gone!

#20 ·
It looks a lot less cluttered but I lost count of the amount of times I looked at it for the date. I guess you don't notice how much you miss something until it's gone. That sounds a bit deep.

I sold this yesterday and had a replacement lined up (1991-16610) but by the time I got the shop I spotted it in, it had gone!
When that happens to me I always say to myself, it wasn't meant. :yes:

#22 ·
Current one:

EAB019C7-A415-4C81-8CE4-7B2DAC212F17_zps

Previous:

P7180050_zps102b2f24.jpg

#25 ·
Hi Padders,

It wasn't a conscious decision to change, but circumstances required the sale of the polar, and I things are now such that I can happily have the black one.

I have really enjoyed, both. With hindsight, I would say that if this was your only Rolex (as it is mine), go Black, as it's somehow more 'Rolex', of that makes sense. If you have, for example, a black-dialled Sub or SD, then go white.

#27 ·
I broke my own rule about not owning two of any single brand...

Sub_zpsxzlfp4hx.jpg

Reactions: davidcxn
#29 ·
You think Dave?

I see one Rolex there and 19 Omega Constellations. You're welcome! :whistle:
I didn't use Google for the search, which might explain why the results are different. When I tried it, just by typing "pie pan watch dial" (without the quotes) into my browser (I use Chrome, which uses Yahoo for searches), the results were more mixed than yours. Looking at it again, the first 3 lines of results came back with 20 Omegas and 9 Rolex Datejust. So I guess that means either I am wrong (unlikely) or Google is not as good as Yahoo for searches (more likely).

Anyway, I stand by my original statement, and I think Hughlle is wrong. There, I said it... :laughing2dw: