UK Watch Forum banner

Christopher Ward Owners Club

15K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  ShockedG 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
C1 Quartz:

C3 Quartz Chronograph:

C5 Malvern Slimline hand-wound:

#6 ·
Variation on a theme, but similar issue here. Lovely watch but haven't worn it and not bonding

2015_11_25_10_32_35.jpg
I had considered black vs white, but even that one, something is off. I think part of it might be the glossy ceramic bezel. Hopefully wearing it for a day wont void the return policy. Maybe thats why they included the £190 strap on the sale pieces, so you cant viably return them.

#7 ·
TBH don't mind the bezel and like the colours, but would prefer it on a bracelet and the 38mm size is a tiny bit small for me. Mine's the quartz though, and paid about £160, so hoping I'll get that back if/when I sell it. I'm sure you could return yours as long as there's no damage.

#10 ·
I don't know if you already know but just found this on the CW forum after asking about guarantees.

"The guarantee is transferable, but it helps if you have the original order number when the watch was purchased new (one of the reasons watches sold on here sell more quickly with the original invoice) as CW do not keep records of when watches are sold by serial number (which strikes many as madness)."

Rob....

#18 ·
I sold half my CWs this year, so I'm left with four: C5 Malvern Mk1; C70 DBR1; C70BE (Ascari) COSC; C65 Trident Diver.

Watch Flash photography Clock Style Black-and-white

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Attachments

#20 ·
Going to wait for the next sale.
The problem with that, Nick, is that you never quite know what is going to be in the sale. The watch you really want may or may not be there. And even if it is there you might find yourself unable to buy it because all the good stuff has been hoovered up by the eBay scalpers.

At least with the voucher you are guaranteed £100 off any watch in stock (over £500 RRP)

#25 ·
Here's my other CW:

IMG_20201119_075539

I own 2 of their watches but am a fan of the brand and have owned 4 in my time.

I enjoyed the buying experience for this one as I visited their showroom in Maidenhead to make the purchase and got a few freebies thrown in.

I really like the individualism of this piece, the C60 Trident Ombre COSC

#29 ·
My C65 Trident Diver (automatic rather than the hand winding version)

nNn07As.jpg

I've had a C8 Flyer Quartz (that I liked, but could never get a strap that felt just right on) and a Trident Pro 600 38mm automatic, which as someone else mentioned just felt too small (might have been OK if it was a little slimmer, it really felt like a short chunk, which is fine, I'm a short chunk myself, but meant it was just not quite right for me!)

#31 ·
C60 Concept released today with a quality write up in their Loupe magazine:

https://www.christopherward.com/dive/c60-concept/C60-42A5D3-T0BG0-HBO.html

It looks like a significant piece technically but I simple do not understand the design aesthetically. It strikes me as a skeletonised version of their Trident 3 (which is available at a very attractive sub £1000 and £500 pre-owned). It also comes on their 'refuses to bed in' stiff rubber strap.

Don't get me wrong, i am a solid fan of the brand but at £3495, I have no idea who this is for?

#32 ·
Don't get me wrong, i am a solid fan of the brand but at £3495, I have no idea who this is for?
It's an LE. It's for the 200 or so who want a CW LE. You can do a lot better at the price and there are many such examples on the thread on the CW forum.

To me, they seem to have settled on an output of small runs of 'wow' factor watches, rather than developing core models to build the brand around, apart from the Trident range.

I bought the all blue compressor, so it must be having some success!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.