• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
AVO

Christopher Ward Owners Club

C1 Quartz:

7D4C39EB-7967-4F48-AE93-412B84ABE7A6_zps

C3 Quartz Chronograph:

c3sobalua_zps67d1e0da.jpg

C5 Malvern Slimline hand-wound:

230820142765_zps7c9aa777.jpg

• Like 3

very elegant ive seen these advertised in the classic car mags and they are very fetching seem a great British venture at reasonable prices 

• Like 1

Obviously I'm a fan, but they are good and now have quite a range, not all to my taste. There's a comprehensive website and a great forum, just google them.

• Like 1

CW is a great brand who make excellent watches. 

Here's a look at the 2012 FLE C60 Trident, affectionately known as the scooter blue.

I am the lucky owner of #1

LTFCW3_zps676bd7e6.jpg

scooter

• Like 4

I've got this: C5 auto Mk1  These had a few changes over the model run. This is the second iteration, the very first ones had gold plated movements. Now all CW watches are made in Switzerland, but this early one was assembled in the UK, which is why it says Swiss Movt. (Eta 2824)

12311307504_9840c3cb28_o.jpg

12037538304_c656fe0312_o.jpg

• Like 3

Just arrived this morning. Took a chance on this as it's right on the edge size wise for me at c50mm lug to lug, but it sits really nicely. Quite taken with it at the moment. Might look good on a black leather strap?

015f2ae7d8b1544e77cde2416ca8524b55dd299a

• Like 2

Bought this on a rush of blood to the head on eBay yesterday, and it arrived today.  It was posted within an hour of the sale.

I like this a lot and think it might be my new favourite :biggrin: only trouble is something else will have to go :sad:

The last owner replaced the strap for one with fully brushed links.

P1010297.JPG?gl=GB

• Like 3

C3 chrono in mint condition. Bought ages ago from a Forum member. Quartz driven with deployment alligator strap.

Chr_Ward.jpg

Mike

• Like 3

Mine. Loving this thing. Not a fan of the original because of the off-set date window, not a fan of the next version because of the Omega wavy line homage. But this matt black 'vintage' version, is spot on for me (in this photo, the bezel is a notch off line, that was down to me. it's fine when positioned correctly).

K94mdO30B_o3_sMhNKZ5u9ctteSOTELocDz67999

Edited by Caller
  • Like 4

I forgot to add these when I acquired them in November. C3 Malvern chronograph with charcoal dial, picked up for half price in the October sale: 

04DEA270-D0CE-404F-BC07-243EBF8C1CE1_zps

MMXV C5 Slimline manual wind Forum Limited Edition #20/75. Rose gold indices and hands, blued seconds hand:

F7878799-F408-476A-8BBF-8CD7F57768AE_zps

• Like 5

I've whittled down my CW watches these last 12 months and these are all that remain. I think the orange blob GMT will stay for quite some time.

C60 Trident Mk 1 GMT

154235035.Wnhs6oCP.NatoGMT.jpg

C61 Trident

159871830.Ezx3Tt88.P1030103.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 4

My new fella. Think its more of a lass than a chap though. Still debating whether to put it on the forum or take advantage of the 60:60 policy. Just doesnt do anything for me. Think its purely the hands.

IMAG0402_zpsukxw5iu6.jpg

I never was a fan of the Trident – or swimming watches in general. And as for White on White – don't get me started! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVO said:

I never was a fan of the Trident – or swimming watches in general. And as for White on White – don't get me started! 

I love divers, and love the trident design, I just cant do the white on white. Even black accent would make me like it, not silver though. It does look fantastic with my barbour though. 

16 minutes ago, hughlle said:

My new fella. Think its more of a lass than a chap though. Still debating whether to put it on the forum or take advantage of the 60:60 policy. Just doesnt do anything for me. Think its purely the hands.

IMAG0402_zpsukxw5iu6.jpg

Variation on a theme, but similar issue here. Lovely watch but haven't worn it and not bonding 

2015_11_25_10_32_35.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Gpts said:

Variation on a theme, but similar issue here. Lovely watch but haven't worn it and not bonding 

2015_11_25_10_32_35.jpg

I had considered black vs white, but even that one, something is off. I think part of it might be the glossy ceramic bezel. Hopefully wearing it for a day wont void the return policy. Maybe thats why they included the £190 strap on the sale pieces, so you cant viably return them.

TBH don't mind the bezel and like the colours, but would prefer it on a bracelet and the 38mm size is a tiny bit small for me. Mine's the quartz though, and paid about £160, so hoping I'll get that back if/when I sell it. I'm sure you could return yours as long as there's no damage. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hughlle said:

IMAG0402_zpsukxw5iu6.jpg

Sorry to hear that it isn't bonding. I think the hands do stand out more on a black dial but if you don't like the shape...

Start thinking about the lovely way on which the delicate tips point towards the fine minute track, the way the edges catch the light so you can still clearly read even though it is white on white, the oh-so delicate second hand gliding round (no other watch I own makes me look at the second hand like this one does) and then let your eye drift to the Trident counterweight.

And repeat. Until you can't take it off your wrist...

Edited by Badcrumble
Spelling
  • Like 1