• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasonm

Seiko Production Date Calculator... ( New Topic )

15 posts in this topic

Right, I've deleted the old topic with the hundred broken links and hopefully were up and running with this one:

http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgauch/photos/seiko/

Dunc, can you add your XL spreadsheet link too please? Ta...

Jase

1 person likes this

Who's site is that Jase?

I was trying to find a decent Seiko production list for a mate of mine last week and just couldn't find an accurate one anywhere - they all gave different info. :D

Top job, whoevers it is.

Thanks have now been able to date my Seiko 6105-8000. Any advice on removing scratches from the glass would be welcome (don't want to change the glass, want to keep everything original).

Not sure Kev, it's one that Dunc posted up in the old thread..... Follow the web address info?

Malc, google ' polishing mineral crystal' it's not easy.....

Well done Jase .

Sorry Jason, just seen this! Here you go, my standalone version - excel or a compatible program needed to use it

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cannop/files/seikocalculator.xls

Very handy tool, thanks

Informative stuff, no doubt will be useful to lots of forumers. :thumbup:

It actually works just dated mine, thanks for the heads up

That works a treat!

Good job Jason.

Thank you.

After a recent search through various sites looking for information on my Seiko without results, i finally emailed Seiko with the details. Next day the answer was in my inbox.  Great service.

On 7/21/2013 at 19:03, jasonm said:

I have seen a few posts on different websites pointing to this, I'd love to see it but the link is borked. Does anyone have it anywhere else?

Thanks

Pip

Theres one here,

http://www.watchsleuth.com/seikodatefinder/

Not tried it out though but its easy to work out without a web tool, the first year of the serial number is the year, the second is the month, that only works if you know the decade it was likely to have been made which is where the calibre number comes in, this only works if the movement was only used for less than 10 years which was generally true, however the 7s26 has been used for a while now so a certain amount of common sense needs to be added.

For example a 6309 diver with a serial number of 92523 was made in 1979 in February, this is because they were not made in 1969 and had stopped being made in 1989 ( I think ) 

18 hours ago, jasonm said:

Theres one here,

http://www.watchsleuth.com/seikodatefinder/

Not tried it out though but its easy to work out without a web tool, the first year of the serial number is the year, the second is the month, that only works if you know the decade it was likely to have been made which is where the calibre number comes in, this only works if the movement was only used for less than 10 years which was generally true, however the 7s26 has been used for a while now so a certain amount of common sense needs to be added.

For example a 6309 diver with a serial number of 92523 was made in 1979 in February, this is because they were not made in 1969 and had stopped being made in 1989 ( I think ) 

Thanks Jason. Had come across that site and managed to get my simple head around the dating. I probably misunderstood what the original link had, I thought maybe it had a catalogue of 6139/6138 models with images. Watch Sleuth seems to have a lot of info and images but not about the 6139/6138.