• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Davey P

Repairing & Restoring Old Damaged Photos

As some of you already know, I am pretty handy when it comes to repairing and restoring old damaged photos, and I thought it would be a good idea to offer my services on here at "mates rates" to anyone who needs it.

The sort of things I can do are:

• Repair damage such as scratches or creases
  • Colour correction and improvements to faded images
  • Remove unwanted details or objects (or people!)
  • Combine 2 or more photos to create a new image

There are almost unlimited possibilities, and as an example here's one I did for my Dad showing me with my brothers and sister on holiday "a while ago..." (and definitely in the UK judging by how cold we all look!):

family04_zpsf93f09ab.jpg

I am 2nd from the right, by the way :lol:

There are more samples of my work on my website, a direct link to the page is here:

http://davepatey-illustration.com/page6.htm

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me via PM on here, or email me directly for a quote. I am not looking to make a massive profit on this, I earn enough in my normal day-to-day work to pay the bills, and am lucky to have plenty of free time when I'm not working in Austria, hence being able to offer this at a low price.

Mods: I can't see anything in the rules to say we can't offer services for sale on here, but obviously if this is not allowed then please delete the post - Cheers :D

Not a problem unless Roy starts doing it :lol:

Now then.... let's keep Roy doing the day job, eh?

Cheers mate :thumbup:

Looks great to me! Ill have to find my old creased photos!

Do it mate, and PM me if you need anything. You will be amazed at what is possible (I surprise myself sometimes! :lol:)

I forgot to mention, if you haven't got electronic copies of the photos I can work from the original paper prints, no problem. Just send them to me and I'll post 'em back when they're finished.

Here's another random example of my handiwork, I did this for someone in Huntingdon a few months ago after they saw a few of my samples on Facebook:

PatJones02_zps368cda8b.jpg

:D

Cheers mate, I really enjoy doing these and would love to do more for other people. I did another load of photos for my uncle recently and he was blown away with the results. They included some of my grandmother that we hadn't seen before, so it was great to restore them to a decent standard, and my dad was chuffed as well.

If anyone on here is interested, I'm not busy with my "normal" work for the rest of this year, so I would be happy to take on any restoration jobs at mate's rates.

Looks like a fairly quiet start to the year for my normal workload, so I'll bump this topic again and see if anyone out there wants anything doing while I've got some spare time on my hands (that will all change when my skiing season kicks off in a few weeks... :lol:)

Here's another random sample showing what I can do:

family12_zps9bd5e1c4.jpg

Cheers, and thanks again to RLT for allowing me to advertise my services on here.

:D

• Like 1

Nice word by the way. It clearly shows your skills. I have few old pictures or my grandfather and parents and carry all of them with me all the time. I think i can send them to you to check if you can do something with them. 

13 hours ago, Mahdil Khatib said:

Nice word by the way. It clearly shows your skills. I have few old pictures or my grandfather and parents and carry all of them with me all the time. I think i can send them to you to check if you can do something with them. 

No problem mate, I'd be happy to look at them for you.  You can contact me via the email address shown on my website.  If you can either scan them, or simply take a photo of them on your phone in the first instance, I'll check to make sure I'm able to restore them. If it's a simple job I'd do it free, but if it's more complex and time consuming I might make a small charge, but it wouldn't be much in any case.  If I simply can't do anything, I'd tell you straight away.

I look forward to hearing from you.

On 10/19/2016 at 00:21, Davey P said:

No problem mate, I'd be happy to look at them for you.  You can contact me via the email address shown on my website.  If you can either scan them, or simply take a photo of them on your phone in the first instance, I'll check to make sure I'm able to restore them. If it's a simple job I'd do it free, but if it's more complex and time consuming I might make a small charge, but it wouldn't be much in any case.  If I simply can't do anything, I'd tell you straight away.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hopefully i will make the necessary arrangements this weekend and will contact you.