• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
zentsuji2

New To Watches,just To Say Hello To All Here

I have always had an interest in watches and was given an elgin by my grandfather.I then got his jlc he bought in 1946,and an old rotary.I have just bought a couple of pocket watches and an ingersoll wrist with english silver denison case from 1915 it has military look to it.I want to learn about these pieces and see if i can get a wacth hand for a doctors watch 1831 ,but dont know how to judge size and expense as it is silver.Anyway hello and best regards to all here.ian

Welcome to :rltb: - - It's a good place to be :yes:

Post gently and don't be a stranger, we'll get to know you!

Many of us only pop in here once or twice a week to welcome folks, myself included - -well, I also am main Admin for the TIMEX forum

http://www.timexwatchforum.com

as well as running 4 dance websites and forums, plus teaching dance 6 days a week - - it's a hard life I tell you :lol: Like Mach, I was supposed to retire ten years ago :wallbash:

:weed:

Thanks for your support i didnt realise how many newbies you all had to rely to,sorry for sulking and a big thumbs up to you all and all in the forum.best of luck to you all.kind regards.ian

Welcome to the forum Ian. Sorry I completely missed your post in June! Do you have any pics you can post? That's always a good way to generate a response!

all the best, Merlin

Thanks for your support i didnt realise how many newbies you all had to rely to,sorry for sulking and a big thumbs up to you all and all in the forum.best of luck to you all.kind regards.ian

Well to give you an idea - so far today 12 people have joined the forum, a little more then the average but this is just such a popular place to be :rltb:

thanks noticed the numbers,still finding my feet and moved on from pw to military watches,just bought alpina pw though with kriegsmarine markings,original dial shot to pieces so looking for one.thanks for the support and its a great place with good people,wish the world was like this.take care all and best regards.ianb.

merlin still having trouble posting pics,need a camera only have my mobile,i am useless with machines,have same problems with my jap swords and medals on other forums.I will learn so i know i am buying correctly and will receive better advice.Keep in touch .all the best .ianb

Ian,

Hi & a belated welcome. Sounds like you have a nice start to your collection. I joined the forum mid last year & have had a great deal of help & advice since . Theres also a lot of useful info in the old posts if you have time to browse.

Rovert,

Welcome to the forum, Ian!

I use my phone to take pics sometimes- I then email the pic to myself, and grab it from the email, then onto photobucket. Bit of a faff, but pretty easy once you've got the hang of it!

Cheers,

Alex.