• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ESL

Skx007 To 009 (bezel) Conversion

40 posts in this topic

ESL :notworthy:

A long while back (about May 2005 in fact) I posted a series of posts about changing the bezel on a Seiko Diver SKX 007, to perform a conversion of sorts to a SKX 009. Over the years, the website has changed, losing the images, and subsequent image reloads to different image servers have also resulted in the loss of the image links as I lost track of which image links would be better if they were more permanent. However - a number of forum members regularly pop up, asking where the images are and can they be put back.

Rather than recreate a post which may get lost again I have recreated the original article on a web page and redone the images, adding one or two more that I did not use the first time around.

It's not a brilliant technical tour de force of on the subject of modifications, but for some reason it always seems a popular topic, so here it is - a very basic introduction to the world of "modding" watches. Just don't blame me if you get hooked...

G. Richardson (aka ESL)

Now - go to the article...

Nice write up, I prefer the black dial with the pepsi bezel rather than the blue dial-it looks much better!

ESL

Many thanks for that. Booked marked for future use but will I ever get the courage to try it out? Guess I am now in the market for a 007/009 basket case just to practice on. Thanks again. :notworthy:

Edited by JWL940

Cheers George..

Ill add the link to the first post too... :)

Great stuff, very informative....might give it a go some day

cheers

This seems to be a great thread. Too bad most of the pictures have disappeared. Else, I wouldn't mind since it's an old thread, but since it's a sticky, it would be nice if the pictures were intact.

This seems to be a great thread. Too bad most of the pictures have disappeared. Else, I wouldn't mind since it's an old thread, but since it's a sticky, it would be nice if the pictures were intact.

All the pictures are on the web page that is linked about 5 posts back from yours.

All the pictures are on the web page that is linked about 5 posts back from yours.

Yes, I did see that after I had posted. However, for threads that are made sticky/pinned, it would be great if the pictures included would be hosted on the same server as the forum. This is a common problem in many forums.

excellent article ... i love my bezel insert worn down to the bone ... but im thinking a new dial might be in order at some point ...

Not thinking of changing the bezel but do need to change the ratchet on mine as is now multi-directional and not clicky does anyone know the official part name for the clicky bit?

Just want to thanks for op for the nice post... However some pictures are missing...

Just want to thanks for op for the nice post... However some pictures are missing...

Click the link all is still there

Click the link all is still there

It does not show any picture.

thats a shame it appears to have gone it was working when I posted