Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Viewing Member Profiles

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

Is there a restriction as a newbie regarding viewing member profiles? Do I have to wait until I have reached the hallowed 50 post mark?

Regards

Damian

Posted · Report post

Probably

Posted · Report post

Yes. The magic 50!!

Posted · Report post

Yeah, we had people spamming members by leaving comments on their profiles.....

Posted · Report post

oh, that sucks and ruins it for genuine watch enthusiasts who may well be too impatient to tough it out to the magic 50, in which case they will miss out on all the years of experience that some of the members have. Also having to wait till the 50 post mark means I could miss out on some cracking deals

Posted (edited) · Report post

It does not take that long to reach 50 posts, even without spamming.

I missed a watch I would have liked to own, as I had not reached the magic 50 , but hopefully it will make an appearance again some time.

Edited by trackrat

Posted · Report post

it's actually ok, i managed to track down someone who was selling a watch on this forum as he said he had it listed on ebay but the winner didn't pay. I looked at completed listings and he happened to include his tel no, it wasn't' the original watch I was after but this one is lovely, I'm expecting delivery on Monday, never the less, this I feel is just the very start of my watch collecting obsession I feel coming on, I'm not sure that I will risk buying on ebay as half of them seem to be fakes, it's actually highly unlikely that a member of this forum will try and flogging crap. They seem to be one big family.

Posted · Report post

it's actually ok, i managed to track down someone who was selling a watch on this forum as he said he had it listed on ebay but the winner didn't pay. I looked at completed listings and he happened to include his tel no, it wasn't' the original watch I was after but this one is lovely, I'm expecting delivery on Monday, never the less, this I feel is just the very start of my watch collecting obsession I feel coming on, I'm not sure that I will risk buying on ebay as half of them seem to be fakes, it's actually highly unlikely that a member of this forum will try and flogging crap. They seem to be one big family.

You'll be posting pictures in the near future then?

Welcome aboard, by the way. :wink1:

Posted · Report post

Thanks Stan, I'll defo be posting my photos on here come Monday morning!

Posted · Report post

I wont take long to reach 50 however what is the point of having someone posting rubbish just to get to the 50 mark. I've been a lurker for a while now. I love watches but I haven't felt the need to create any posts. I realise that if everyone did this then the forum would be pointless. However I do feel that 50 is a bit high.

Posted · Report post

I wont take long to reach 50 however what is the point of having someone posting rubbish just to get to the 50 mark. I've been a lurker for a while now. I love watches but I haven't felt the need to create any posts. I realise that if everyone did this then the forum would be pointless. However I do feel that 50 is a bit high.

The whole point of a forum is that people contribute to it, if they didn't people like you who don't contribute would have nothing to look at!!

50 isn't too high and if people post rubbish in an attempt to get to 50 quickly they have posts deleted and their post count adjusted down

Posted · Report post

The whole point of a forum is that people contribute to it, if they didn't people like you who don't contribute would have nothing to look at!!

50 isn't too high and if people post rubbish in an attempt to get to 50 quickly they have posts deleted and their post count adjusted down

Hence the reason why I said :

"I realise that if everyone did this then the forum would be pointless"

People who need 50 posts are generally posting things that people aren't that interested in to get their post count up, you must be blind if you can't see that. All that will happen is that people will get there 50 posts and stop posting.

Posted · Report post

Hence the reason why I said :

"I realise that if everyone did this then the forum would be pointless"

People who need 50 posts are generally posting things that people aren't that interested in to get their post count up, you must be blind if you can't see that. All that will happen is that people will get there 50 posts and stop posting.

Dear dear you are tetchy that we have disturbed your lurking!

Look we have been at this a long time, over the years we have found the challenge is to get members to engage and often find when they do they continue. If as it seems likely you reach 50 posts and stop so be it but there will be others who wont stop.

The 50 posts is also there to stop opportunists registering to buy and sell, this isn't a free selling forum and the owner isn't minded to subsidise people whose sole intention is to buy and sell

Posted · Report post

Any post mentioning 50 should not be counted in the 50.

Posted · Report post

Any post mentioning 50 should not be counted in the 50.

That's you back to 631 then! :D

Mike

Posted · Report post

Yep I posted a load of rubbish until I got to 50 and then stopped posting. Then I thought why not just carry on posting rubbish so I did. :D