UK Watch Forum banner

Some Pictures Of My Small Collection

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  jpjsavage 
#1 ·
As promised in a previous thread, here are some pictures of my small watch collection. This collection began in 2009 when my good wife bought me a Rolex Submariner for my 40th birthday. It is generally my daily wear and I love it!

rolex1.jpg

Following on from that, I discovered the Lum-Tec brand which I also enjoy immensely. I'm lucky enough to have a couple of their watches, including the last ever M4 (150/150):

lumtec_m41.jpg

and a Bull 45 A2:

lumtec_bullhead1.jpg

Following those, I was given this lovely Magrette Regatarre Bronze recently, complete with ancient piece of wood and a lovely strap (limited to 20 by DStrap):

magrette4.jpg

Recently, I've picked up a Vintage 6154 homage (I know it won't be everyone's taste):

vintage61543.jpg

And, finally, one of Eddie's PRS-5s which, although smaller than my other watches, I love. It also has a clear faceback but, as you can see, I'm wearing it today and forget to take it off!

prs51.jpg

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the comments so far chaps. I'm hoping to add to the collection a bit over the next few years. I've seen two watches on here that I would have liked to buy but I can't contact the sellers! So, at the moment, I will be spending my money elsewhere.

#7 ·
Nice collection. The last Lum Tec is a good one to have, and I like the Magrette. New Zealand brand if I'm not mistaken?? Of course if they end up making a big name for themselves we'll claim them as our own :D

Pharlap, Russell Crowe, etc :)

#8 ·
Yes, Magrette is from NZ. I got that for Christmas from a Dutch guy who had it from new and had also sourced the limited edition strap. Picking up the last M4 LumTec was more accident than design and it was the first of several purchases from TZ-UK. I'm not going to sell it but I would be interested in knowing what value it would have if anyone knows?

#10 ·
Ive really taken to these magarette watches however the thing thats putting me off is lack of response from them :/ ive emailed twice enquiring about things and no replies. If you ever wish to off load that bronze of yours give me a shout ;)

Lovely collection you have, enjoy in good health.

James

#11 ·
Thanks James. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be selling that one anytime soon. But, I understood that a second run of 500 bronze watches was on the cards this spring. Is that what you have been enquiring about? Failing that, I have noticed a few come up on www.watchuseek.com. They seem to be a bit of a marmite watch and some who bought them speculatively have been selling them on there. Good luck with your search!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.