Some Pictures Of My Small Collection

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As promised in a previous thread, here are some pictures of my small watch collection. This collection began in 2009 when my good wife bought me a Rolex Submariner for my 40th birthday. It is generally my daily wear and I love it!

rolex1.jpg

Following on from that, I discovered the Lum-Tec brand which I also enjoy immensely. I'm lucky enough to have a couple of their watches, including the last ever M4 (150/150):

lumtec_m41.jpg

and a Bull 45 A2:

lumtec_bullhead1.jpg

Following those, I was given this lovely Magrette Regatarre Bronze recently, complete with ancient piece of wood and a lovely strap (limited to 20 by DStrap):

magrette4.jpg

Recently, I've picked up a Vintage 6154 homage (I know it won't be everyone's taste):

vintage61543.jpg

And, finally, one of Eddie's PRS-5s which, although smaller than my other watches, I love. It also has a clear faceback but, as you can see, I'm wearing it today and forget to take it off!

prs51.jpg

Posted · Report post

A Rolex for your birthday, cant remember but i reckon i probably got a sweatshirt from my Wife, rest her soul :D , nice watch though. - Brian

Posted · Report post

very nice collection

> i the lumitech is outstanding ........taffyman

Posted · Report post

nice colletction not my style but i apreciate it

Posted · Report post

I like that Magrette Bronze and its only going to get better with age, very cool.

Bronze watches are really starting to appeal.hummmmmmmmmmmm

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the comments so far chaps. I'm hoping to add to the collection a bit over the next few years. I've seen two watches on here that I would have liked to buy but I can't contact the sellers! So, at the moment, I will be spending my money elsewhere.

Posted · Report post

Nice collection. The last Lum Tec is a good one to have, and I like the Magrette. New Zealand brand if I'm not mistaken?? Of course if they end up making a big name for themselves we'll claim them as our own :D

Pharlap, Russell Crowe, etc :)

Posted · Report post

Yes, Magrette is from NZ. I got that for Christmas from a Dutch guy who had it from new and had also sourced the limited edition strap. Picking up the last M4 LumTec was more accident than design and it was the first of several purchases from TZ-UK. I'm not going to sell it but I would be interested in knowing what value it would have if anyone knows?

Posted · Report post

loving the collection and pictures especially the 2 Lum-Tec watches.

Posted · Report post

Ive really taken to these magarette watches however the thing thats putting me off is lack of response from them :/ ive emailed twice enquiring about things and no replies. If you ever wish to off load that bronze of yours give me a shout ;)

Lovely collection you have, enjoy in good health.

James

Posted · Report post

Thanks James. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be selling that one anytime soon. But, I understood that a second run of 500 bronze watches was on the cards this spring. Is that what you have been enquiring about? Failing that, I have noticed a few come up on www.watchuseek.com. They seem to be a bit of a marmite watch and some who bought them speculatively have been selling them on there. Good luck with your search!

Posted · Report post

Nice collection!!! :yahoo:

Posted · Report post

No it was just a general query about shipping to uk, and also about straps on one of the other watches but no reply so I'm not too sure. I have heard good things about the watches and customer service just I never seemed to get any lol. I'll go for a nosey there then

Posted · Report post

I like that Magrette Bronze and its only going to get better with age, very cool.

Bronze watches are really starting to appeal.hummmmmmmmmmmm

I've been reading in a few watch blogs that bronze is the next big thing in watches. I've seen a few cropping up recently even with some high end brands, I like the idea of it.

Cheers

Posted · Report post

Nice wife... nice collection :yes:

Posted · Report post

Right on both counts ;)! Thanks.

Posted · Report post

A sub for your 40th! Lucky

I'm around the £200-300 mark for my upcoming 40th :lol:

Posted · Report post

Love the 2nd watch - Lumtech - never heard of them.

Posted · Report post

Just sold the Lum Tec Bull and a B8 I picked up in the hope of buying a Helson Sharkdiver. Anyone got one they want to sell?