• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoT

Dating Vintage Watches

9 posts in this topic

Edited by Krispy

I have a vintage  Movado chrono.  guessed to be 1060.   what do have to supply to  get an accurate date?    thank you,  vinn

Movado from 1960,  not  1060

1 person likes this

@vinn you might struggle.  They used, ttbomk, standard chrono movements that have wide date ranges and I do not think a record of serial numbers exist.

Next best chance is to search google images for an advert featuring your watch.  Good luck

thanks Scott,   maybe its  not  important.  i did not  pay much for it,  it runs good,  case is worn and mabe its not a "HIGH ENDER".  just a keeper.  ( it has a very interesting main spring  barrel)  and the mvt. has the  logo of  movota.   Vinn

1907 waltham  17 jewel  pocket watch.  i did date if from the internet. on "pocket watch data base"   the seriel number range of 16012000, and  only 1000 made?  but it said 15 jewels.   ill try to send a pix of this one.   vinn

the  mavado wrist cronometer.  mine turned to be from "about"  1950.   but -  i did find out "  most collectors don't like  movado"  too bad.  the pattended main spring design is QUITE UNIQUE !  i am keeping mine  Yinn

i just aquired a key wind pocket watch.    to date it i started with the watch case.  made by Fahys.  made of "oresilver pat. 1884, no. 1, ser.  407912"  this US case company was active from the Spanish American war till  WW11.  this factory burned down in 1925,  taking  the records with it,    ill start on dating the movement now,      later, vinn

the  mvt, is  dated just now at  1878.   vinn

maker of movado mvt. :   the name is on the mvt.,  could it still some other  maker?  i read they have pattents on  main spring clutches. sorry i can't send a  pix..  vinn