A Bit Less Colour To The 3133S...

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So after fitting the Okeah with this...

3133okeah003.jpg

...and the Strela with this one...

strelaf044.jpg

...I find myself wearing them less and less. They look very nice on forum pics and all that but on the flesh, at least to me, they feel like cheap sports watches. Especially the Okeah, it's too blue for my taste!

I find it especially hard to choose a proper strap for the Okeah because the natural tendency is going with a blue one. So this time I went with a more conventional approach and a safer bet: black rally style... it's different enough and always suits a chrono IMHO.

okeahrallye004.jpg

okeahrallye014.jpg

okeahrallye012.jpg

okeahrallye006.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

And the Strela is off to a brown Juchten leather strap, the first one I have on the Strela with it's proper lug size (19mm).

strelajuchten021.jpg

strelaj021.jpg

strelaj032.jpg

Apparently, Juchten leather is "leather that has been tanned with natural oils in much the same way as the Russian military boots were." So I expect it to gain a more interesting patina with its contact to air and sun.

Edited by Kutusov

Posted · Report post

They both look good. They looked good before, but they definitely look good after!

I think the Okeah works great with the black rallye (I know what you mean about 'too blue'. Best I can find is a grey-blue.)

Anyway, good choices both.

Posted · Report post

Crappy wrist shots of the Strela but it's been a maddening day to take a decent picture... the Sun comes up and goes away 10 times in a minute! You set the camera one way and it's all wrong 10 seconds later when you are going to snap a picture...

Posted · Report post

The rally looks good but I personally I think it looks better on the blue strap.

The Strela looks much better on the tan

Well, I`m going to have to disagree with you `K` I think blue straps suit the Okeah perfectly :punk:

That rally strap does absolutely nothing for me & that`s not just because it`s leather :yucky:

Blue is cool man B)

Полйот ОКЕÐÐ `КомандирÑкие БМФ` (Poljot Ocean `Komanderskie VMF`) cal.3133 23 Jewels.

polljotOkeahchrono.jpg

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Posted · Report post

Well, I`m going to have to disagree with you `K` I think blue straps suit the Okeah perfectly :punk:

You haven't read my post carefully... I agree with you, blue straps suit the Okeah almost by nature... problem is, blue straps don't suit me :P

BTW, nice to see you back! :cheers: (that's non-alcoholic beer :wink: )

You haven't read my post carefully... I agree with you, blue straps suit the Okeah almost by nature... problem is, blue straps don't suit me :P

It`s probably due to the fact I`m so fecking knackerd these days sorting out the house :boredom:

BTW, nice to see you back! :cheers: (that's non-alcoholic beer :wink: )

Thanks,I`m not back full time yet there`s still too much to do but at least now I`m back on line I can pop in occasionally :wink2:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Posted · Report post

Strella looks top self on the strap but keep trying with the okeah that rally is not right.

Posted · Report post

keep trying with the okeah that rally is not right.

...I take it you don't like it then? :D :D

Posted · Report post

Love the tan on the Strella a great improvement IMHO well done :)

The rally are great straps & look great, but does not quite work with the Okeah i think, it is just so blue, I think you need a blue strap :)

I have a 'Banda' navy blue leather PM me if you want to swap for the rally

Cheers Martin

Posted · Report post

I've still got my Strela on an 18mm strap. So annoying, I find a strap I really like on it, but can't get it in 19mm!

I think that as the Okeah is such an eye-catching watch you should go for a simple black leather strap with a bit of light stitching and light grain.

I keep my Accutron on a strap like that, which is also square and blue.

Posted · Report post

The Strela looked a bit washed out on the original strap, however the brown leather gives the watch a little more pop. Nice choice.

Posted · Report post

I have a 'Banda' navy blue leather PM me if you want to swap for the rally

Cheers Martin! Thanks for the offer but I'll keep it black. The Okeah was already on a dark blue strap, very much in the style of the Volmax's big Okeah reissue. It was still very blue for me :P

okeah2004025.jpg

I've still got my Strela on an 18mm strap. So annoying, I find a strap I really like on it, but can't get it in 19mm!

Not many options on odd lug sized straps and they seem to be more expensive than similar 20mm straps from the same brand. Probably because they don't sell so many...

Posted · Report post

And the Strela is off to a brown Juchten leather strap, the first one I have on the Strela with it's proper lug size (19mm).

strelajuchten021.jpg

strelaj021.jpg

strelaj032.jpg

Apparently, Juchten leather is "leather that has been tanned with natural oils in much the same way as the Russian military boots were." So I expect it to gain a more interesting patina with its contact to air and sun.

I have just put my poljot ruslan on a brown liberty hirsch for a very similar look to the one you have created here. I think brown leather suits these watches well.

I have the grey faced strumanskie I need to find a suitable strap for as the one it came on is very poor.

I was thinking grey nylon or grey nato may be ideal for that.

Posted · Report post

I have the grey faced strumanskie I need to find a suitable strap for as the one it came on is very poor.

NOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!! Not a NATO!!! :bangin: :P

I still have my grey Sturmanskie in one of these:

stur007.jpg

3133straps011.jpg

I'll PM you where to get these if you like.

The Rios strap on the Strela is very different from the Hirsh Liberty. The Liberty is a matt, thick leather strap, the Rios is a glossy, oiled finished thing and it's padded:

rios1931watchstrapsartm.jpg

They feel very different but they're both excellent straps!

Posted · Report post

Alex, I've always bought 20mm and squeezed them on - seems to work fine...

Posted · Report post

I have just put my poljot ruslan on a brown liberty hirsch for a very similar look to the one you have created here. I think brown leather suits these watches well.

You're right about grey nylon (or n***), just don't tell Kutusov. :wink:

I can also really recommend a DiModell 'Jumbo'. Nice and thick at the lugs, thinner at the buckle. Nice soft leather, small stitching.

sturmanskie-strap.jpg

Posted · Report post

I can also really recommend a DiModell 'Jumbo'. Nice and thick at the lugs, thinner at the buckle. Nice soft leather, small stitching.

sturmanskie-strap.jpg

Beware of one thing though... the Jumbo will work fine on the older cases but it won't work on the reissued ones. On the last, there is a sort of cover or protuberance on the lugs, just above the springbar holes, so a 5mm thick strap like the Jumbo won't fit no matter how many times you jump on it!

...and yeah, don't tell me about NATO straps on this puppies... :D

(and just to make it clear, I received today a NATO strap from Roy, so nothing against them... just when you put one on a Russian watch :P )

Beware of one thing though... the Jumbo will work fine on the older cases but it won't work on the reissued ones. On the last, there is a sort of cover or protuberance on the lugs, just above the springbar holes, so a 5mm thick strap like the Jumbo won't fit no matter how many times you jump on it!

You couldn't give me a close-up shot of that feature could you, R? Not urgent... Just for future reference when I cave in and buy a reissued Okeah!

Edit: better quoting!

Edited by Draygo

Posted · Report post

You couldn't give me a close-up shot of that feature could you, R? Not urgent... Just for future reference when I cave in and buy a reissued Okeah!

Edit: better quoting!

I wanted to but it will have to wait a week or so... I'm waiting for a couple of macro lens that haven't arrived yet and I doubt I'm able to get any decent picture of that particular detail just now.

I won't forget it though... after all you are now in charge of reminding me :P

Posted · Report post

Lens are here but I obviously need to learn to work with them... Here's a couple of rushed ones but I think you can see what I mean...

okeahrlugs040.jpg

okeahrlugs044.jpg

okeahrlugs019.jpg

Posted · Report post

I have an old watch, i believe it is Russian. Having a hard time uploading images on this page. How can i get it looked at so i can be sure of what i have?

Thanks for any help

Corey

Posted · Report post

I have an old watch, i believe it is Russian. Having a hard time uploading images on this page. How can i get it looked at so i can be sure of what i have?

Thanks for any help

Corey

Hi Corey, here's a tutorial on how to post pictures on this forum http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13637

It would be better if you would start a new topic asking for identification help to your watch. It would get more views and so there would be a higher chance of someone being able to help you. This one is an old thread and I don't know how many people have subscribed to it and have been following it. Anyway, I'm sure we all want to help.

BTW, welcome to :rltrlt:

Posted · Report post

stur007.jpg

3133straps011.jpg

...and I'm done with the grey one too... ordered something a little different, let's see how it works...

myheklc27dbraun24uhrena.jpg