• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
jimbo1878

What Are You Listening To

On 17/02/2018 at 15:42, Caller. said:

Its funny how a random sequence of musicians can trigger something. Scrolling down the page, I suddenly thought of, 'Songs for Drella' by Lou Reed and John Cale,

Nico.

8 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Nico.

Obviously I was aware of the VU connection, but it was more about the music, not just Nico, that took me to Drella and not anything else about Warhol. Hard to explain really. 

As a side issue, what a crazy creative wonderful period of music the late sixties and early 70's produced. And then wonder how we ended up with music factories again?

Edited by Caller.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caller. said:

. And then wonder how we ended up with music factories again?

There is loads of good stuff going on, you just need to look a bit harder. :) I've still got all my old favorites but I embrace looking forward.

• Like 2

The boring Banality of the music factories does my nut in too, however, as Wrench says there is loads of really good stuff out there.  TBH I am still discovering 'old bands'  For example I have just been listening to David Gilmour's solo stuff.

and then there's this guy..

14 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

I'm listening to this now.  Brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biker said:

I'm listening to this now.  Brilliant!

I'm a sucker for female drummers (and obviously sexist, sorry about that). And this female drummer is particularly distracting.

I'm off topic, I know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deville said:

I'm a sucker for female drummers (and obviously sexist, sorry about that). And this female drummer is particularly distracting.

I'm off topic, I know.

Nothing sexist about it. Why should it be male dominated anyway ? :)

Guitars as well.

Edited by WRENCH
  • Thanks 1