Best Photo

448 posts in this topic

Posted

I think this is my best photo to date.

024.jpg

Have you a BEST photo?

Posted

I don't know about it being my best photo, I'm pretty useless with a camera but I like this one.

Picture051.jpg

Posted

This is mine its shot with an infra red filter, and was exhibited in an exhibition of Infra red photographs held by the Royal Photographic Society, Last summer.

pond2r.jpg

Kingsley Pond Hampshire, shot in infra red

Also came 2nd in a competition on the DP review website My link

Posted

dusty - that's awesome !

Posted

dusty - that's awesome !

That is an amazing shot - Congratulations, Dusty.

I feel a bit feeble offering up this snap!

sded1c.jpg

Posted

a recent one..

5475764089_eb76d33046_z.jpg

Posted (edited)

Will post best this year so far because its on my desktop as wallpaper an 11meg file. The experience that day was stunning and was like -16 out. One frozen Latino

CopyofIMG_0068.jpg

Edited by James

Posted

dusty - that's awesome !

Thank you

Posted

... The experience that day was stunning and was like -16 out. One frozen Latino

I believe that's called a latina. :whistle:

Posted

not my best, but one of my favorites:

5470464294_114c5aa044.jpg

caught this fella recently whilst out hunting in the garden with my new macro lens :hunter:

Posted

I've had more positive comments on this photo than any of my others, so I guess this is my best photo:

PineCone.jpg

Posted

snow scene towards York in the cold spell from the garden. fuji fiepx s5600 mid size in point and shoot mode .not doctored

snownov10001-1.jpg

Posted

some cool pics!

Posted

dusty - that's awesome !

+1 absolutely stunning photo :cheers:

Andy

Posted

Pleased with this for a Fuji 1500 bridge, but kicking myself for not upping the resolution.

2009_0921summer200900112.jpg

Posted

As some of you are aware, I don't do digital so I only have some piccies that the kids or 710 have taken on a mobile, this 1 was taken by my very artistic 9 year old (at the time) daughter-I just love the contrast of the bright red poppies and the grey sea, sky and rocks...

2ceoj2h.jpg

Posted

snow scene towards York in the cold spell from the garden. fuji fiepx s5600 mid size in point and shoot mode .not doctored

snownov10001-1.jpg

Love this, not easy to get a good photo of snow but this COOL !!!

Posted (edited)

Will post best this year so far because its on my desktop as wallpaper an 11meg file. The experience that day was stunning and was like -16 out. One frozen Latino

CopyofIMG_0068.jpg

James... didn't you just have your 50th...? That must be your daughter (Grand-Daughter??) :D.

snownov10001-1.jpg

It might be worth doctoring this and improve the contrast between the tree and the sky. Try it, you might like it! Re-post.

Edited by Mechanical Alarm

Posted

Bridgeman - I hope you do not mind... I had a quick go of it with my freeware (which is crap) and got this result...

Tree-Snowscape-1.jpg

I am sure you can do a lot better and I apologize if I have upset you. Just trying to help.

Posted

light trails?

5350438750_35edccf2c8_b.jpg

Posted

thanks gentlemen-delighted for you to show me differences. Have considered carefully -perhaps the one which Mech alarm altered is more realistic ,but not even sure about that,the original seemed to capture the moment and the spirit from the window-remember it was point and shoot. -and hell it was a very WHITE scene.

The light trails have seen here before and much admired ,but the church one ,Happy Lad that to me is approaching camera perfection to capture the detail.

Bring back 35mm for the true game!!!!!! :wheelchair:

Posted

... ,but the church one ,Happy Lad that to me is approaching camera perfection to capture the detail.

Bring back 35mm for the true game!!!!!! :wheelchair:

Yes... quite right. The devil is in the details, or in this case the shadows! Great exposure, etc.

And, who doesn't miss emulsion??

Posted

My 2 Fav photos others at http://www.hisdancingleg.com

#1 Religious Decay (Taken in infra red)

Religious%20Decay%20-%20DSC03971.jpg

and #2 Scrabo Fields on new years day

Scrabo%20Fields%20-CRW_5218.jpg

Posted

The light trails have seen here before and much admired ,but the church one ,Happy Lad that to me is approaching camera perfection to capture the detail.

Thanks.

The Church windows picture is a bracketed 3 shot HDR image. Was the only way I could keep the shadow detail without blowing out the light coming through the windows. Used Photomatix software to merge the three images then manipulated perspective in GIMP to try and get some vertical lines back - lens was a Tamron @ 17mm iirc

Forgot I'd posted the motorway shot on here before. My memory is getting terrible :unsure:

Posted (edited)

CopyofIMG_0068.jpg

James... didn't you just have your 50th...? That must be your daughter (Grand-Daughter??) :D.

That hurts in so many ways right through the heart. No her kid just turned 18. Tiny ones tend to look younger and like asians and some others my espanolita is also hard to tell the age

Edited by James