• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
martinzx

Add Your Latest USSR Editions

BTW.. are we restricted to USSR-era pieces here? If not i have a few pics of my modern Amphibia and Poljot Aviator i could post..

No we are not! Post them! Lots of post-soviet watches in here already!

Glad to....

Here's the Poljot Aviator 17j Manual.

P1010479.jpg

Pretty sure this style is in current production. I've seen chrono & alarm versions around too.

I like 'em.. nice size for me at 41mm exc crown. Dial may be a little busy for some ppl though.

Picture002-1.jpgPicture001.jpg

I bought this watch in Berlin earlier this year from a military street dealer, can anyone tell me about it please?

Hi Haggis. Nice Vostok there. Case design looks like a Komandirskie, but i'd expect to see a serial no in the blank cartouche on the back. Can u tell us what size case it is, and if it's a handwinder or auto?

I've only seen a few Komandirskies on USSRtime with that handset and they were ladies watches which i'd expect to be smaller than the regular mens sizes. Granted - i haven't trawled though all the thousands of examples on that site..yet, so there may also be men's versions with that handset.

Maybe one of the better informed forumistas could enlighten us?

HI COMRADE,

There is no number engraved it is a blank cartouche, the diameter of the stainless steel back is 30mm.

Front diameter from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock is 34mm.

The watch is handwound,pull crown out to first notch and wind, pull to second and adjust time.

The watch came without a strap. The guy I bought it from was a Russian.

Is it a ladies watch? In Glasgow wearing a ladies watch could cause a problem. :sweatdrop:

The name of this watch is Vostok Cadett. It means a reduced diameter, fit for young students of military schools, or for women.

There are many models of the watch all with 2409 movement, central second hand, manual wind, and those kind of labored hands like yours, with lume in the middle. Crown may be at 2 or at 3.

It may be dated from 90-ies.

It's a typical russian watch, Wear it in good health!

Edited by Vaurien

Picture002-1.jpgPicture001.jpg

I bought this watch in Berlin earlier this year from a military street dealer, can anyone tell me about it please?

Hi Haggis. Nice Vostok there. Case design looks like a Komandirskie, but i'd expect to see a serial no in the blank cartouche on the back. Can u tell us what size case it is, and if it's a handwinder or auto?

I've only seen a few Komandirskies on USSRtime with that handset and they were ladies watches which i'd expect to be smaller than the regular mens sizes. Granted - i haven't trawled though all the thousands of examples on that site..yet, so there may also be men's versions with that handset.

Maybe one of the better informed forumistas could enlighten us?

HI COMRADE,

There is no number engraved it is a blank cartouche, the diameter of the stainless steel back is 30mm.

Front diameter from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock is 34mm.

The watch is handwound,pull crown out to first notch and wind, pull to second and adjust time.

The watch came without a strap. The guy I bought it from was a Russian.

Is it a ladies watch? In Glasgow wearing a ladies watch could cause a problem. :sweatdrop:

The name of this watch is Vostok Cadett. It means a reduced diameter, fit for young students of military schools, or for women.

There are many models of the watch all with 2409 movement, central second hand, manual wind, and those kind of labored hands like yours, with lume in the middle. Crown may be at 2 or at 3.

It may be dated from 90-ies.

It's a typical russian watch, Wear it in good health!

Many thanks for your knowledge and help.

That's assuming I like the eternal calendar when it arrives, you never know it could be the one shown the door :thumbsdown:

Don't worry, you'll love it!!

Here's the Poljot Aviator 17j Manual.

P1010479.jpg

Now that's a beauty!! Reminds me of some Fortis, only better :wink:

Just bought these after having my arm twisted :bangin: by the 710. Have now scratched my Slava & Vympel itch with this pair

23032010vympel12.jpg

179977433tp.jpg

Not seen many vympels but this one just shouted BUY ME! so I did :thumbsup:

The Slava I think is a classy looking watch. Not sure why it has the red segment in the date window, but I'm sure one of you will be able to tell me :whistle:

Happy to receive opinions on my 'enforced' purchases, so fire away.

Ian.

The Slava I think is a classy looking watch. Not sure why it has the red segment in the date window, but I'm sure one of you will be able to tell me :whistle:

Ian.

Love that Slava, very nice! I'm also curious about the red number... is it a number? Or is it a part of the weekday, like Sunday marked in red?

Ian.

Love that Slava, very nice! I'm also curious about the red number... is it a number? Or is it a part of the weekday, like Sunday marked in red?

I've seen one with english lettering which would indicate a number corresponding to the day of the week with Monday being one Tuesday two etc. Does this make NT stand for Friday?

Not that good on cyrillic yet, but I've now got a Russian colleague who is going to teach me rudimentary Russian as well as deciphering anything I buy or the instruction manuals. Will set her to work on the eternal calenndar Raketa when it arrives!

Thanks for this. So NT probably stands for Friday which would make sense as the 5th day of the week.

Yeah, maybe that's it... do the other days match with that theory?

Thanks for this. So NT probably stands for Friday which would make sense as the 5th day of the week.

Don't know yet as they are both still incoming as is the Raketa, so next week will be a good one.

Don't know yet as they are both still incoming as is the Raketa, so next week will be a good one.

Well guys it Friday is the 5th, I would say so.................lol  :wheelchair:

Here's my latest buy;

chaikapwz2.jpg

Pretty isn't it :man_in_love: . Not the Chaika I was expecting to buy, but hey you never know where your taste in watches will lead you next :goof: .

Oh forgot to mention it's not for me..... the 710's :friends: been at the 'bay AGAIN :shocking: Errr, this doesn't count against my one watch per maker does it???????

Oh forgot to mention it's not for me..... the 710's :friends: been at the 'bay AGAIN :shocking: Errr, this doesn't count against my one watch per maker does it???????

Nha, it's your 710's watch, not yours... Not a lot of interesting men's Chaikas, maybe the neatest one is that green Stadium watch. Hard to find one in good shape though...

: Errr, this doesn't count against my one watch per maker does it???????

Nha, it's your 710's watch, not yours... Not a lot of interesting men's Chaikas, maybe the neatest one is that green Stadium watch. Hard to find one in good shape though...

Tell me about it - the green stadium is one of two chaika's that i'd buy at the moment but most of them are fairly tatty - the other style one is like your sparkly grey faced beauty - i'd take either the steel or gold plated model. Have seen a couple of mint ones but they are a touch pricey. Still, no hurry as I've got enough incoming to keep me happy this month.

Yeah, this one is nice!

chaika094.jpg

This thing is ulta-accurate, gains a couple of seconds a day at most. I've checked the Bay for similar ones after people showed interest and I must say that I was lucky with this one! Not only for the price but also for it's condition.

BTW, if you find one, get one of Roy's Pinhole leather straps. They are cheap and very,very good. They are similar to the one I have on this watch but the pinholes aren't so visible. I have two of my Raketas on such RLT straps and I just love them!

Tell me about it - the green stadium is one of two chaika's that i'd buy at the moment but most of them are fairly tatty - the other style one is like your sparkly grey faced beauty - i'd take either the steel or gold plated model. Have seen a couple of mint ones but they are a touch pricey. Still, no hurry as I've got enough incoming to keep me happy this month.

Yeah, this one is nice!

chaika094.jpg

This thing is ulta-accurate, gains a couple of seconds a day at most. I've checked the Bay for similar ones after people showed interest and I must say that I was lucky with this one! Not only for the price but also for it's condition.

BTW, if you find one, get one of Roy's Pinhole leather straps. They are cheap and very,very good. They are similar to the one I have on this watch but the pinholes aren't so visible. I have two of my Raketas on such RLT straps and I just love them!

Thats a stunner!

BR

Martin

a Raketa

97668662.jpg

Like the textured dial on this one - the watch has a touch of Seiko about it whilst having a much nicer name on the dial :derisive: Ooops, did I just think that or say it out loud....

Like the textured dial on this one - the watch has a touch of Seiko about it whilst having a much nicer name on the dial :derisive: Ooops, did I just think that or say it out loud....

You said it and you are lucky you did it in the Russian forum or would be feeding the fish by now :D

Are you thinking of Seiko 5s?

You said it and you are lucky you did it in the Russian forum or would be feeding the fish by now :D

Are you thinking of Seiko 5s?

Yes, I was thinking of the Seiko 5's & of course I made sure I said it on here.... They'll never know! :secret: Surely can't get :bangin: for such a mild comment........

Surely can't get :bangin: for such a mild comment........

Much nicer name than Seiko?? :rofl: Oh, you would be surprised! :lol:

...run to the hills!! :P

Surely can't get :bangin: for such a mild comment........

Much nicer name than Seiko?? :rofl: Oh, you would be surprised! :lol:

...run to the hills!! :P

I'll get my coat! If I get banned it's been nice chatting to you all.

Not banned... just savagely kicked in the balls by the all the Seiko fans :scared: (Seiko sounds close to what?... there's a hint for you :P )

Not banned... just savagely kicked in the balls by the all the Seiko fans :scared: (Seiko sounds close to what?... there's a hint for you :P )

Figure they'll stay where they are in the Japanese section. Crossing the Russian border is fraught with danger, just ask Napoleon & Adolf..... Anyway, it's only a bit of banter,so if they haven't got a sense of humour :censored: 'em.